Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Review: K&n Fipk Intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004
Custom Titles are played out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gearbox
Overall, I'd say metal intakes are a bad idea. The metal heats up fast and stays hot from engine heat, whether it's cold air or short ram. The fipk is all plastic and has a great heatshield that blocks engine heat--it works! I would say fipk over everything else. The only other design I was considering is the Volant cold air intake that's coming out in a week.

I have a CAI and I haven't noticed a loss in either top or bottom end.. more gain then anything. My friend had the FIPK on his truck and noticed major gains..

Good Review Gearbox!

That volant thing looks kinda of...interesting...
Old 06-14-2004
The Declaration of Independence was written on marijuna paper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ellocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the rough
civicgeek If memory serves me correct I believe it was 12mm open end wrench. you will need two. 1/2 standard open wrench might work if u don't have access to two. sorry folks this should be probaly be a new thread. just helping a peep out.
Old 09-10-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone know the bolt sizes for attaching the filter? I'm getting a new one but the bolts on my old fipk had rusted. I wanna get some stainless steel ones
Old 09-07-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
KeithK is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Review: K&n Fipk Intake

Are you Zoroastrian? I dated a Zoroastrian for a long time, and she told me one of the edicts they live by is Good Words, Good thoughts, Good Deeds.