Part and Product Reviews This forum is for part and product reviews only!

ICE tire shine and interior detailer

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ICE tire shine and interior detailer

I was so impressed with these two turtle wax products i wanted to post a quick review.

first up is the turtle wax ICE tire shine. finding a good tire shine has been very difficult for me. most of the products in the store contain petroleum solvents that can damage tires and leave all sorts of residues. so im stuck with only a few products that are water based, but the shine barely lasts for more than a few days and always looks like i never put anything on. i want a good glossy shine but not something that looks like you poured oil all over the tire. the turtle wax is perfect. it is definately noticable, yet not extreme. it contains NO harsh petroleum solvents. and the best part is it comes with a very handy brush to apply the shine. the liquid is almost like a gel, you spray a little on the brush and then wipe on the tire. it gets into every nook and cranny of the tire, without messing up the rims. it does not run, stays right where you wipe it. at first it will look a bit greasy and wet, but after a few hours of drying, it gets sucked to the tire and dries to a hard yet shiny finish. results are amazing for such a product. im not sure how long it would last, but it seems very durable and has kept its shine for a day already without fading. smells like watermelon too lol.

next up is ICE total interior care protectant. ive always been looking for a product to use inside the car that would not leave a shiny and greasy mess all over and cause more glare in the sun. well this product delivers. it wipes on easily to clean any plastic, vinyl, or rubber surface and wipes away without leaving any residue. there is no added shine or glare, and it can be used to clean all interior surfaces, including the steering wheel! it is not slippery and does not leave any product behind, just cleans off all the dirt and restores the original plastic color back. a small amount of shine was brought back to some plastics, only because they were so faded from the sun already. this stuff basically brings back faded plastics to mint condition. my towel at the end was very brown from all the dirt it picked up. it is the best interior detail spray ive ever used and truly leaves a natural shine that is not slick. looks like a new car again and also leaves a nice smell

i highly recommend both these products. the tire shine with brush was $8 and the interior care was $10 at pepboys.

Last edited by gearbox; 06-14-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-14-2009
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ICE tire shine and interior detailer

Great review. I'm going to have to try out both products, because I, too, have been looking to find something that doesn't leave so much grease and shine when the sun is out, creating so much glare.

Thanks!
Old 06-25-2009
Registered!!

alexfergwan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

Really good review. cool...
Old 08-12-2009
Registered!!

destrega_85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great review.. I was told not to use any chemicals.. But I'll try this!

Thanks