Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction methods (Turbos & Nitrous Oxide) and swaps here

h22a eg civic will not start

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matt Lankow is an unknown quantity at this point
h22a eg civic will not start

im running out of ideas. thanks to anyone reading this and offering suggestions. i have a 92 civic with an obd2 h22a euro type r set up with a s300 chipped p28 ecu and harness built by swapshopracing. i have spark compression and fuel but it still wont start. i just replaced my ignition coil in my dizzy thinking it may have an intermittent spark. but i still got nothing out of it trying to start it. only dtc displayed is ks23 for the knock sensor but it has a brand new knock sensor and i traced the wire from the sensor to the car harness coupling then to the ecu and the circuit was fine. any suggestions would be great.
Old 06-07-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: h22a eg civic will not start

Spark is white/blue right, not red/yellow, right?

How did you check fuel/was it just to the rail, or did your check for ignition pulse as well?

You haven't changed anything in the past three months right, mods/tune up/oem parts?
Old 06-15-2017
Registered!!

spark is white and i know i have fuel because it sprays out of the cylinder when im testing spark. also i haven't done any new mods but it has not previously run. this is a new swap and i am trying to get it to run for the first time in the car.
Old 06-19-2017
Registered!!

BUMP i am using a jdm h22a that is obd2 in my 92 civic with a chipped p28 ecu (obd1) do i need a resistor box?