Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction methods (Turbos & Nitrous Oxide) and swaps here

need advice on engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nick McAtee is an unknown quantity at this point
need advice on engine

Ive got a 96 civic coupe thats geting a 18ba1 vtec, just wonderung what parts or options i have to achive around 500 to 600 hp anything helps. Dont know if it helps but its for a daily driver/weekend racer.
Old 04-15-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: need advice on engine

What's your budget..? It's gonna take a good amount of money to get that high.
Old 04-15-2017
Registered!!

Lets say around 20g yhe stock 16b in it now puts out 304hp to the front wheels with 398 torque. the bodys getting done with suspension while i build the motor and ill swap over the winter.
Old 04-15-2017
Registered!!

Ill post some pics of it right now when its day light here, its going in to the shop after i grt my 94 toyota pickup back on the road
Old 04-15-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nick McAtee
Lets say around 20g yhe stock 16b in it now puts out 304hp to the front wheels with 398 torque. the bodys getting done with suspension while i build the motor and ill swap over the winter.
Say what? Are you saying the stock D16 (1.6L) is 304 hp? Not possible unless it's boosted (which you didn't mention).
Old 04-15-2017
Registered!!

Mikeyyy is an unknown quantity at this point

stock? define what you mean by stock please…
Old 04-15-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

nothing to do with racing, so moving to another forums
Old 04-15-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turd_ferguson
Say what? Are you saying the stock D16 (1.6L) is 304 hp? Not possible unless it's boosted (which you didn't mention).
True dat. If it's a stock 96 civic, at best you're rocking 110whp at the wheels. 96 civics only came with a d16 (specifically, a -y8 in the ex making 127bhp or the -y7 making 106bhp). 99-00 Si's came with a b16a2 making 160bhp. Mind you, those are all stock figures