Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction methods (Turbos & Nitrous Oxide) and swaps here

I need some swap advice

Old 08-09-2015
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OldschoolCool is an unknown quantity at this point
I need some swap advice

What's up peeps. I have a 87 hatch and I want to do a LS swap. Anyone ever done a swap like it, or know where I can find some info on if it can even be done without cutting up the car? Thanks
Old 08-10-2015
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: I need some swap advice

You want to convert a FWD 4cyl car to RWD v8 without cutting anything up? May I please have whatever you are smoking good sir?
Old 08-10-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mcnoople
You want to convert a FWD 4cyl car to RWD v8 without cutting anything up? May I please have whatever you are smoking good sir?
Bahaha not a V8 LS, a B18 out of an LS teg. Obviously you have no useful info.
The following users liked this post:
Irishlumberjack (10-25-2022)
Old 08-10-2015
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Sorry, anytime I see LS listed as an engine I will always assume it to be the GM LS series of engines. It is 1 of the most commonly swapped engines. Plus with a user name of oldschoolcool I assumed you to be the kind that liked old american gas guzzling iron. LS is not an honda engine it is as you said a B18. Had you said a b18 I never would had said a word. I used to see threads of this nature on another board I used to frequent, only they did intend to swap v8's into anything and everything because some people really do think that way.

sorry for mistaking your intent and good luck with the swapping.
Old 08-10-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Hasport makes motor mounts so you can basically drop in X engine into Y's engine bay.

Here's their mounts to drop in a B-series (hydraulic transmission) into an 84-87 civic
Or if you decide on a cable transmission
Both are $400. As far as other components you'd need, I'm not too sure.
Old 08-10-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mcnoople
Sorry, anytime I see LS listed as an engine I will always assume it to be the GM LS series of engines. It is 1 of the most commonly swapped engines. Plus with a user name of oldschoolcool I assumed you to be the kind that liked old american gas guzzling iron. LS is not an honda engine it is as you said a B18. Had you said a b18 I never would had said a word. I used to see threads of this nature on another board I used to frequent, only they did intend to swap v8's into anything and everything because some people really do think that way.

sorry for mistaking your intent and good luck with the swapping.
LOL, The first thing came to my mind was an V8 too - civette!
Old 08-17-2015
Registered!!

Thanks for the help RiceBoy!!