Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction methods (Turbos & Nitrous Oxide) and swaps here

D15B2 swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
autodx is an unknown quantity at this point
D15B2 swap

Hey everyone I'm new here so bear with me.
I have a 91 civic DX HB and the motor on it is toast. Well the block and pistons are. Would it be more worth my while to just find a block or to swap a whole new motor in? I have the head and oil pan off and it looks like just putting a good block in wouldnt be too hard but with all this effort I have already gone too should I just swap everything? And is it alot more work to swap the trans as well cause mine is auto and i would like a stick if it's not a whole lot more work.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 02-08-2015
Registered!!

Blavrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: D15B2 swap

swapping to manual is a lengthy process, but you already have the engine out, and that's half the work. You just need, literally, every pin, bolt, hydraulic line, everything. Also, new brake/accel pedals and accel cable, or you can swap just the brake pedal off the assy. but that's your call. I'd just go ahead and change it all. There will be some minor modification to the center console, you'll probably have to open up a hole, drill some holes, and whatnot, but nothing too horrible.

EDIT: Also, ECM, some wiring, if you want reverse lights, and if you want to have to push the clutch to start the car.
Old 02-08-2015
Registered!!

Blavrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: D15B2 swap

It's a job that you and one or two buddies could finish in a weekend over some beer, if you've done your homework and gathered everything