Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Need help with lowering my car!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OmegaEG is an unknown quantity at this point
Need help with lowering my car!

I have a 93 Civic coupe and I’m
planning on getting new rims and tires for the car but I don’t know how to get a good lowered look on it that isn’t cheap or too expensive either .
This is the look I’m going for
Old 08-17-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Need help with lowering my car!

First get yourself a nice set of coil overs. There a lot of brands out there some good and some not so good. Stick to name brands like Tein, Function & Form, Eibach, Ground Control, Progress. There are more but I can’t think at the moment.
Old 08-18-2018
Registered!!

Thanks for the suggestions but I was also wondering what is a good ride height (1 in, 1.5 in , 2in ) and also I wanted to know if having camber plates are a good idea, thanks for the help!
Old 08-18-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

your car have double wishbone, no need camber plates. They will make no difference.

See a link in my signature, suspension basics.
Old 08-18-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Ride height is up to you and with Coilovers it can be set to any height you want. So if you are scrapping everywhere you go and having to avoid places because the car is so low you can just raise it up. Winter comes you can raise it. Not having any issues getting around then lower it some more.
Old 08-18-2018
Registered!!

Thanks for the info! Helped me out with my confusion