Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Ebay Coliovers

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
frankieJDM is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Ebay Coliovers

What do you guys think about ebay coilovers? Or even lowering suspension.. I just want my car lowered for now, i will eventually get legit coils i just wanna hear your input on Ebay coils.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	81680  
Old 09-13-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Ebay Coliovers

Just save your cash and do it once, those coils are absolutely horrible quality, I know one person who had them for a bit and the ride was horrible.
Old 09-13-2011
Registered!!

frankieJDM is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought so. Thanks for the advice. What would you rather use, Lowering springs or Coilovers?
Old 09-13-2011
rookie enthusiast

killa121 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by frankieJDM
Thought so. Thanks for the advice. What would you rather use, Lowering springs or Coilovers?
Kinda depends on what your goin for doesn't it? If its just for looks around town pick a trusted brand with a height that you can afford. If its for performance id say start researchin.

But coilovers if cost permits : )
Old 09-13-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I'd rather use coilovers, but your stepping up to a higher price bracket going that route.

Ground Controls are excellent coilover sleeves, but cost around $350.

There are a ton of good spring manufacturers; H&R, Eibach, Neuspeed and Tein are just a few examples and you could get them for around $200.
Old 09-13-2011
Registered!!

ALLeNsEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Springs: I would say gold line or eibach. Coilover sleeves; skunk2 or ground control, full coilovers: d2, Megan, tein, ksport. Cheap good coilovers: rokkor, funtion form, raceland
Old 01-09-2012
Registered!!

Rockys_93civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Ebay Coliovers

Originally Posted by frankieJDM
What do you guys think about ebay coilovers? Or even lowering suspension.. I just want my car lowered for now, i will eventually get legit coils i just wanna hear your input on Ebay coils.
I have eBay coilovers and I have friends that have them too!! And we have done some testing with this whole name brand vs eBay bs and I am glad to say just because it says it's eBay. Doesn't mean it's made by eBay!! And also they make the car ride just the same as any other coilovers. Only time things start riding real stiff is when u pretty much have it just barely driving over a pop ca type of deal! And when u only drop the car like 2inches it's not as stiff but coilovers are stiffer them your factory springs no matter how high or low the car sits.