Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

**Lowering 95 civic** Need help please!!**new to honda's**

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda Slickback is an unknown quantity at this point
**Lowering 95 civic** Need help please!!**new to honda's**

well i have skunk2 lowering springs sitting in front of me..i checked my struts/shocks and they seem to be ok..im scared to put them on my car because people have told me that i need new struts/shocks and a camber kit for both the front and rear..i have also been told by some that they have put lowering springs on their car and havent had to change a thing..

i just want to do this the right way without causing myself too much trouble in the end..also..what will happen if i ride on stock struts/shocks with stock cambers??

thanks..i kno u must get this alot...
Old 02-19-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: **Lowering 95 civic** Need help please!!**new to honda's**

If you hit the search button, you can find the answers pretty easy because your right, we do get the question all the time..

I'm not sure the drop on the skunk2's but if its lower then 1.5 inches, your going to put too much stress on your struts and they will blow... thats why people upgrade them. You can use the stockers now, and change them later, but thats more work.

As for camber kit.. the lower you go, the more negative camber you get on your rear wheels, which causes more wear on the inside of the tires, and eats them up before the rest of the tire... The fronts are usually safe, but a camber kit is pretty cheap, so you might as well buy one, or just install everything and see if you'll need it.
Old 02-22-2010
Registered!!

thanks man appreciate the help...in that case im just going to wait till i can buy new struts and camber kits before i put the springs on...cuz i really dont want my struts to go out before there time..plus im riding on 17's anyway so..ittl be ok..
Old 03-01-2010
Registered!!

boha is an unknown quantity at this point

I must say that it is wise to not go too low to the ground. The youngsters in my area have their civics at a very low stance. They cause the undercarriage to spark very often as they drive and they crack their big bumpers and chip the paint. Then the fellows put those big exhaust pipes on that spark the ground and then they dont have enough money to replace the cracked and chipped bumpers because of the big exhaust pipes had cost so much. So be wiser and do not lower the cars stance too much. You will crack stuff and spark metal everywhere you drive and will cause people to start laughing and pointing at your car like the people here laugh at my fellow civic drivers.
Old 03-01-2010
Registered!!

nah man, the springs i got lower it 2" in the back and 1.5" in the front...that would sit it right on top of the seventeens i got on there..i dont like how there is too much space between the wheel and the wheel well..but its cool..im not goin to put them on yet..i dont have the camber kit or the struts..so ima ride stock till i can lower it the correct way....thanks for the look out tho..