Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

93 civic rear suspension squeak

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93 civic eg is an unknown quantity at this point
93 civic rear suspension squeak

I have a 93 civic , and i just recently replaced my rear shocks because i thought that the right rear was blown because it was squeaking really bad. I bought a complete set front and rear of kyb gr2 for the car. I replaced only the rears. After I installed the rears and drove on them within like 30 mins my right rear was squeakin again. I have kyb gr2 with tenzo typer r springs and jdm lcas. People tell me that it could be my trailing arm bushing but when i hear it when im out the car ( i get someone to push / sit on my hatch ) it doesnt come from that area. It comes from really close to the actual shock. COuld it be any bushings. I dont wanna waste my money on something that isnt wrong. Can somone help me. Or should I just replace my lca bushings. And my top hat bushing. Thanks ahead of time for any help.
Old 10-11-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 93 civic rear suspension squeak

could also be rear sway bar bushings need lube. usually squeaking is bushing related.
Old 10-11-2009
Registered!!

YSIDRAG is an unknown quantity at this point

Like he said above or like you said the tophat bushings. Do you still have the rubber seal that the spring sits on in the cup of the strut? could also be that if you no longer have that in there. That acts as an insullator{*sp} between the to.

Jay
Fabricated Performance
Old 10-11-2009
Registered!!

I still have the rubber ring for the top of the spring. I lubed basically everything place in the rear that has a bushing. It lowered the amount of squeakin that my car makes but still squeaks just a lil bit. But alot better. Maybe ill just replace my lca bushings with some polyurethane ones. Maybe that will solve it and if not i will be back on here for more help. Mechanics are to over priced. I had a toyota corolla s n they charged me 400 just to tell me my stock radio blew all my fuses and wanted to charge 1000 just to replace all the fuses and replace my radio. I rather have a diy job.. n gain experience . thanks for the help..
Old 10-11-2009
Registered!!

Stock hondas come with the same rubber ring on the bottom side of the spring to. thats the one im talking about. You are talking about a car that is over 15 years old to so it could be anything. Exspecialy when you are altering it. ie; lowering it.
Old 10-11-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

poly bushings are ALOT louder than stock rubber, esp in the winter when they harden up.
Old 10-11-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
poly bushings are ALOT louder than stock rubber, esp in the winter when they harden up.
This is true...
Old 10-11-2009
Registered!!

Maybe ill just go to honda and order some oem bushings.. but will they fit on aftermarket jdm lcas. But im gonna replace all the bushings on the rear anyways i think they are way past overdue. 16 years and i think they are the stock ones. So time for upgrades. lol
Old 10-11-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 93 civic eg
Maybe ill just go to honda and order some oem bushings.. but will they fit on aftermarket jdm lcas. But im gonna replace all the bushings on the rear anyways i think they are way past overdue. 16 years and i think they are the stock ones. So time for upgrades. lol
yea should be the same bushings