Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

lifting

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SammieE is an unknown quantity at this point
lifting

i picked up a 87' Honda civic hatch, and i want it lifted. all new to this so i need some advice. i have hurd that they can be a nightmare to do. where do i go from here?
Old 08-27-2007
Registered!!

Syke Fu will become famous soon enough
Re: lifting

LOL! Are you serious? What kinda lift are you talking about?
Old 08-27-2007
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute

Regardless of his reasons there are a few options avalible to him.

1st in my mind would be to pick up a set of ground control springs and then order longer springs. They go for about $60 a pair, so its not that expensive.

Another alternative would be to buy some no name brand collared springs off of ebay and then buy longer springs from Ground control.
Old 08-27-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

^^^ if its an 87, its got torsion bars in the front end.... you'd have to put longer links in it to raise the front up. The rear, you probably can just use longer springs.

I'm not even gonna ask why the hell you'd do this
Old 08-28-2007
Registered!!

i love the litte car but it bottoms out on every thing. and the wheelbarrel size tires must go. haha im not looking to jack the sucker just bring it up 2 or 3 inches, add some bigger tires and fenders.

i herd that if i was to put larger tires on it they would go bald fast on one side because the axles don't have some sing to them... not sure what its called.
Old 08-30-2007
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough

probably talking about camber? just get bigger tires and a camber kit and call it a day. a lot less of a hassle than actually raising your car. and if you told anyone you raised your civic they would laugh at you. haha! k thx. lol
Old 08-31-2007
Registered!!

let them laugh.