I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

what is this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matt Lankow is an unknown quantity at this point
what is this?

Please help!
i am new to this page and to building vehicles this 92 civic hatch is my first build and i am putting an h22a euro type r into it. i have been trying to start it recently (to no avail sadly) with my s300 chipped p28 but running out of options when troubleshooting, recently i tried using a p13 from an obd1 h22 prelude to start my car (still no success) but this started clicking a bunch and trying to start my car so i turned the key off and pulled it out of the ignition, but this thing kept clicking and trying to crank the engine over. Can anyone please tell me what the hell is it and maybe why its doing that?
p.s sorry for the poor resolution my cheep phone is all i have to take pictures with.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	blackbox1(2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	328.5 KB
ID:	89869   Click image for larger version

Name:	blackbox2(2.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	349.8 KB
ID:	89870  
Old 05-28-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: what is this?

Looks like an aftermarket remote start system.

Unplug all connections from that black box and see if the car goes back to normal.
You could remove the box and non-factory wiring, and restore modified factory wiring to original condition.
Old 06-02-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matt Lankow is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: what is this?

hey i got all of that removed and the factory original wiring restored but the car still wont start. thanks for the help! i will be installing a new ignition coil tonight hopping that starts it.