I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

94 civic hatch no brake lights but third upper works...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joethornton is an unknown quantity at this point
94 civic hatch no brake lights but third upper works...

The middle brake light is all I got, the two lower ines are both out. I need some help figuring out where to start. I don't see a fuse for brake lights at the panel under the dash. Someone said it might be the brake switch but then wouldn't the third upper brake light not work too? Running lights work, horn works, reverse lights work...justbthe bigbtwo...thanks!
Old 04-01-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: 94 civic hatch no brake lights but third upper works...

I will assume that you have already checked the bulbs? And yes your assumption of the brake light switch working because you have the high mount third brake light is a good one. I would check bulbs first. Replace them with good bulbs and make absolutely certain that they are the right type of bulb for that location. Use normal bulbs no parts store LED BS.

You can rule out the ground wires since you have working running lights. The schematic for that car is real simple.
Old 04-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joethornton is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 94 civic hatch no brake lights but third upper works...

I didn't check the bulbs yet, just assumed both going at the same time would be very random...but maybe one went before and I didn't realize...good call, I'll check tomorrow when it's light out!thanks