I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Turn signal wiring ripped out

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thisstupidcar is an unknown quantity at this point
Turn signal wiring ripped out

Had a blow out on the highway and the tire yanked my blinker out along with the plug for the bulb so its just three bare wires I can barely get to. Checked auto stores and no one has the part for me to solder the wires to and checked everywhere for pullapart cars but no one has any. Any ideas on what i should do? I just got a written warning from a cop.

94 civic dx.
Old 10-13-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Turn signal wiring ripped out

Front and rear lights are some of the FEW things Honda supplied many of the little individual electrical parts for, they are fast movers in the bodyshop end of the business because they are often damaged in accidents.

You can probably get another bulb socket from a Honda dealer, and get the bare plastic connectors and wire ends to build a "pigtail" to connect to the original wiring.

you need to be able to point out exactly what you are after and know where it may be found in the parts catalog though. I can't promise the parts haven't been discontinued for a car that old though, pick out what you need and go from there.

Find an online Honda parts catalog:
estore.honda.com or many others

Your car > electrical > headlight
Your car > electrical > electrical connectors(fr)
Old 10-14-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thisstupidcar is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Turn signal wiring ripped out

Much appreciated ezone