I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

battery light will not come when key is on position

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93excivic is an unknown quantity at this point
battery light will not come when key is on position

can anyone help me figure out why my battery light does not come on when the key is on the on position? its stoping the fuel pump from turning on as well... all my fuses are good...good connection to battery... im runin out of thoughts plz help...thx
Old 10-14-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: battery light will not come when key is on position

one of the wires to the gauges possibly. one of mine came loose and i had to solder it back on, but it killed several of the idiot lights.
Old 10-14-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93excivic is an unknown quantity at this point

no its not that...i took off the terminals off the battery and tapd the neg and pos together and it wouldnt even spark... all fuses are good...im very clueless about now
Old 10-14-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 93excivic
no its not that...i took off the terminals off the battery and tapd the neg and pos together and it wouldnt even spark... all fuses are good...im very clueless about now
Did you pull the gauge cluster out and look at the terminals on the back? I'm not a mechanic but I don't know if taping the pos and neg together is an official test. Maybe it is! It's an alternator light so it should be on when the car is not running since your alternator is not putting out. If you alternator is putting out then its probably a bad connection or the bulb burnt out.