I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

What size? whats good for my budjet???

Old 10-17-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95civicstick is an unknown quantity at this point
What size? whats good for my budjet???

I own a 95 civic and in need for a new audio system all around, i do have 2 10" subs and a 750watt amp but it dosent sound good because of the rattle in my speakers(yes thats how bad they are). Anyways my budjet is around 500$what size are the front pannel speakers and what size are my back speakers. What brand is good for my budjet? I heard kickers are a good buy
Old 10-18-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all
Re: What size? whats good for my budjet???

I like my Memphis audio mids and highs for the front. And they are moderately priced and actually made in the USA!
Old 10-18-2010
Registered!!

Staninator is an unknown quantity at this point

Your speakers may be blown?? The sizes are 6 1/2" in the front and 6 x 9" in the back. Those are standard for many civics. Kickers are really nice if you want a bit more bass out of you component speakers. Look for 3-way speakers. I really like the new Polk Audio speakers that are out right now. They sound amazing! They have a very crisp and clear sound. I work at Best Buy and play around with these all day. I've compared both the Kicker and the Polk and feel that the Polk provide a much fuller sound. Keep in mind that I was comparing a 2-way speaker 4" kicker to a 3-way 6" Polk. Of course the polk will sound better but regardless I feel that the Polk provides more accuracy. You can't go wrong either way...
Old 10-18-2010
Registered!!

Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Staninator
Your speakers may be blown?? The sizes are 6 1/2" in the front and 6 x 9" in the back. Those are standard for many civics. Kickers are really nice if you want a bit more bass out of you component speakers. Look for 3-way speakers. I really like the new Polk Audio speakers that are out right now. They sound amazing! They have a very crisp and clear sound. I work at Best Buy and play around with these all day. I've compared both the Kicker and the Polk and feel that the Polk provide a much fuller sound. Keep in mind that I was comparing a 2-way speaker 4" kicker to a 3-way 6" Polk. Of course the polk will sound better but regardless I feel that the Polk provides more accuracy. You can't go wrong either way...
Both brands crappily made in China! Just saying.
Old 10-19-2010
Registered!!

kyle_l88 will become famous soon enoughkyle_l88 will become famous soon enough

Maybe, I'd say polk too, I have both car speakers that are polk and a 1200 Watt 12" powered sub in my Room sound system. I am VERY pleased with the sound quality. The polk sub is amazing too, I can rattle the windows in the whole house and still have clean sound. Of course thats house equipment, but still the car speakers are really nice sound too.
Old 10-21-2010
Registered!!

Staninator is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
Both brands crappily made in China! Just saying.
Everything's made in china nowadays man... Look at all apple products. Designed in Cali and produced in China. They are great quality products and are made in China. We're just going to have to get used to it :/
Old 10-21-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Staninator
Everything's made in china nowadays man... Look at all apple products. Designed in Cali and produced in China. They are great quality products and are made in China. We're just going to have to get used to it :/
Definately not everything! Like Memphis audio is made in Memphis. You can choose to buy cheap Chinese crap that has no quality standards and pulls money away from our country or you can actually research the brands that you are buying and help our economy. It's attitudes like yours that are going to make our economic recovery a long and arduous process. Support your own country, for once and buy american!
Old 11-05-2010
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light

I gotta 6th gen. It's 6 1/2'' in the front and 6x9 in the back. I did manage to fit 5 1/4'' components in the front, but boy that was a big mistake . I agree with Mad Dog, Memphis kicks *** (like 99% of American made products). If you're on a budget, sell the 750 watt amp and one of the 10'' subs, get a 5 channel 1k Watt amp, get two sets of Memphis speakers, a decent head unit and hook up one of your 10'' subs. If you're willing to spend a little bit more money, bridge the 750 watt amp to the two subs, buy two sets of memphis speakers, get a decent head unit (make sure they have RCA outputs) and buy a 4 channel amp to juice the speakers (again, probably 1k watts since most memphis take around 120 RMS/250 peak.. you can easily run 200 on each speaker without blowing em')
Old 11-05-2010
Registered!!

NickRowe is an unknown quantity at this point

Why were the 5 1/4 comps a mistake? I was thinking about Alpine SPR-13S for the doors in my 03. Something I should know?
Old 11-05-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,143 Likes on 798 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

why the 13? why not the 17? The stock speakers are 6½".. And they are the same price..
Old 11-05-2010
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light

5 1/4'' were a mistake because I had to custom fabricate my own bracket to make the speakers fit, and had to cut out a lot to make the speaker fit. 6 1/2'' is the way to go (as riceboy noted). Bigger cone, bigger speaker, bigger everything which means that it's going to outperform a 5 1/4'', the only reason why I chose to do the 5 1/4'' in the first place is because the speaker that I really wanted to have didn't come in 6 1/2''. The speaker ended up being a piece of junk... Such a disappointment, haha. Go with the 17's.