Notices
Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Need a lift...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couper87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Need a lift...

I just picked up a set of 17 inch wheels for my 94' DX (coupe), I understand that lifting it maybe an inch or two, combined with mounting lower profile tires like 40s or 45s would rid me of the scraping sound and the hazard of blowing a tire, which terrified me as I was on the highway the other day. I put the stock tires back on for the time being. In what way can I effectively, and economically raise my car those couple inches? Mostly what I would like to know, is what to ask of a technician or team at a pro garage, I've had some bad luck with DIYing and know better now. Thanks!
Old 10-27-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Need a lift...

search internet for fender roller or go to a shop to see options for that.
Old 10-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couper87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Need a lift...

Excellent! Thank you! I think that would be a great implementation, though (and I should have said this earlier) I believe the rub is coming from contact with the wheel wells, I spoke with someone earlier about it and they suggested coilovers, I found a set that won't force me to choose between rent and a raise (lol...) But you get what you pay for, suggestions for a quality coilover kit?