Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

My 91 civic w/a b20 swap has power loss and a stiff upper coolant hose

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mekaniklynclind is an unknown quantity at this point
My 91 civic w/a b20 swap has power loss and a stiff upper coolant hose

I suspect someone whom I wish I didn't know decided to blow the head gasket in my motor while he thought I was sleeping. (Using gas in the exaust, plugging then igniting)

As of right now I'm unsure of the facts but what I do know is my car has lost power, and my upper coolant hose Now builds up pressure and occasionally ill hear a slight grinding noise while commuting to and from work. Any one knowledgeable and willing to help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Not sure if its relevant but I bought this car as is(upgrades, engine swap, ect...) 1st couple months with this car was a blast to drive. Still is if I overlook the power loss, rare to occasional overheating, and luke warm heater but I know if I don't fix it soon I could Ruin it.

T.I.A.
Old 02-22-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: My 91 civic w/a b20 swap has power loss and a stiff upper coolant hose

Check mechanical timing (cam and crank)
Check valve adjustment
Do tests for head gasket breach