Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Bought a 94 civic that is h22a swapped

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travis Bowling is an unknown quantity at this point
Bought a 94 civic that is h22a swapped

So I bought this car for 700 dollars. It runs but has lots of blowby through valve cover breather. (Has a filter on it I hear they are bad) what fixes should I entertain for this? An oil catch can?

There is an exhaust leak, but that's probably just a shotty weld job on the exhaust.

the brake fluid looks really cloudy and dirty, almost like muddy water But cloudier

The suspension failed, but it's probably just because the minimmum ride height rule. I'll have to delve deeper into it when I'm not working 7 days a week. OH, This is an h22a from a 91 prelude.

thoughts, advice? Thank You! This is my first post here.

Last edited by Travis Bowling; 10-15-2017 at 06:51 AM.
Old 10-15-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Bought a 94 civic that is h22a swapped

Originally Posted by Travis Bowling
So I bought this car for 700 dollars. It runs but has lots of blowby through valve cover breather. (Has a filter on it I hear they are bad) what fixes should I entertain for this? An oil catch can?
Does it have a PCV valve? Here's a search: https://www.google.com/search?q=h22a...&bih=623&dpr=1

There is an exhaust leak, but that's probably just a shotty weld job on the exhaust.
Inspect and replace manifold if needed. Could be donut gasket where bottom of manifold meets exhaust pipe. Spray soap water on exhaust gasket areas and look for bubbling while engine is running.

the brake fluid looks really cloudy and dirty, almost like muddy water But cloudier
Bleed all four wheels and add new brake fluid

The suspension failed, but it's probably just because the minimmum ride height rule. I'll have to delve deeper into it when I'm not working 7 days a week. OH, This is an h22a from a 91 prelude.
Pretty sure OEM stock strut/shocks are KYB