Customize your car Post here for any custom modifications you want to to to your car!

New Custom Interior Options Help/Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WKD DRGN is an unknown quantity at this point
New Custom Interior Options Help/Opinions

I have a 2000 Honda Civic EX and it is my baby. The current interior is faded and from the roof headliner to the middle of the car is tan and from the middle of that to the carpet is gray wth(?!) so the headliner and "A", "B" and "C" pillar trims are all tan but below that its all grey. Anyone else have that in their Honda's?

Anyway, so the interior seats are faded and I want to get custom upholstery done. Seats, headliner, door panel armrests and the center console armrest. What I can't decide is do I want all fabric (cause it handles heat and cold well) OR all vinyl for the seats and rests OR vinyl with fabric. It gets blazingly hot and freezing cold here in VA, so I'm thinking vinyl would be out of the question unless I threw a towel down over my seat but that kinda defeats the purpose! I want the upholstery to look good though, like show worthy...and I don't think regular fabric will turn many heads. Any opinions/suggestions?
Old 12-05-2020
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fubba is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New Custom Interior Options Help/Opinions

It should cost you about 100$ to have the upholstery done if you bring the person the headboard and you can have any color you want. The carpet will cost a little bit more as long as you pull it yourself it should be easy to do too. I am sure you could overhaul your interior panels, roof and carpet for under $1,000 professionally at a shop or maybe half that if you do it yourself. New carpet template is about $1-300 depending on how plush the material at Stockinteriors.com in any color you want or cut. Seats alone will cost hundreds of dollars maybe thousands more expensive the newer the EK civic as 98-2000 had nicer seats maybe get some from an integra 94-02. Not worth it if you have a beater civic because you'll be dumping thousands into a car worth a fraction of it unless its sentimental then go for it! To overhaul a civic interior will cost about 2-3K just to get it looking stock again depending on the severity of damage unless you are super lucky at a junk yard and can find clean interior panels. Good luck!
Old 12-06-2020
Click Here

Received 1,153 Likes on 900 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light
Re: New Custom Interior Options Help/Opinions

It’s been 7 years...
The following users liked this post:
Colin42 (12-06-2020)