Interior personalization

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012
cheap clueless s.o.b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jtort is an unknown quantity at this point
Interior personalization

Hi all, i'm pretty new to the civic scene but anyway, I have a 96' dx sedan and she's a little shabby inside. What I was thinking of doing was since the fabric for the sun visors is all torn and hanging and the headliner sagging was making her stand out from the crowd a little, I am planning on taking a little bit of a page from VW's playbook with the GTI's, etc. and putting some flannel in the centers of the front and rear seats as well as the sun visors and where the cloth inserts are for the door panels, adding memory foam to at least the driver's seat with the possibility of the front passenger, as well as re doing the headliner with something that will go with this and possibly adding some map lights with some led bulbs, and adding an lx center console so I can gain both the center arm rest as well as some more storage real estate/place to run an auxillary 12v outlet. So what my question/s is/are/would be (at long last) how much work would I be in for to stitch in the fabric into the door panels, what would it take to add the map lights, and because i'm having a brain fart, if i were to post a pic or 2 of the patterns in question would you be willing to provide me some feedback for how they look, as well as my overall plans? sorry for making this long winded but i like to make sure that EVERY cotton picking detail can be included.
Old 01-13-2012
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all
Re: Interior personalization

Doing the interior will be a lot of work but worth it if done right..the map lights won't be hard as long as you get all the parts you need..wiring it is not that hard..there is a DIY somewhere on how to do the fabric on the door panels..I think you might even be able to use 3M spray...You should post pictures as that is how you will get the most feedback from people...we can all say sure that will look good or it will suck but we dont really know unless we see it..and remember no matter how harsh some people might be in the end it is YOUR car not OURS..so if you like it then it looks good, how we feel doesnt matter..We dont drive it..
Old 07-14-2012
Low `n` Slow

NAcaRice is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want something that would really stand out, look into carbon fiber vinyl. I plan to do the interior with that. You can get a roll of it 24"x144" on Amazon for $59.99.
Old 07-22-2012
Registered!!

Sl33p3r is an unknown quantity at this point

I just added a bit of paint to dress mine up a bit for now. its cheap and easy and matches my car.