96 Lx questions - Honda Civic Forum

Advanced Engine Performance and Swaps Post information/questions about Forced Induction, Nitrous, Engine Building and Swaps here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2018   #1  
Day
Registered!!

Day is an unknown quantity at this point
96 Lx questions

What kind of swaps could I put in this. I have a 1700 budget as of now but it can change. Not looking for any hp specificly just something faster thanks
Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018   #2  
The Dongerator

Megalodong is a splendid one to beholdMegalodong is a splendid one to beholdMegalodong is a splendid one to beholdMegalodong is a splendid one to beholdMegalodong is a splendid one to beholdMegalodong is a splendid one to beholdMegalodong is a splendid one to beholdMegalodong is a splendid one to beholdMegalodong is a splendid one to beholdMegalodong is a splendid one to behold
Re: 96 Lx questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day View Post
What kind of swaps could I put in this. I have a 1700 budget as of now but it can change. Not looking for any hp specificly just something faster thanks
Assuming you have the stock D-series engine the only way to make more power is via turbo. Bolt-ons, CAI's, SRI's, don't do anything for these engine. Look into a B-series/LS swap in your price range.

I can only speak for what's in m '95 EX coupe: a B20 (2.0 litre) engine block with a '96-'00 Acura integra LS (P75) DOHC cylinder head. 145 hp and 135 torque. it's not real fast but it's light and punchy. With this engine the torque across the powerband is very noticeable.
Megalodong is offline   Reply With Quote