Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction, Nitrous, Engine Building and Swaps here.

hi im new need your opinion ..ASAP PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
d16z6TURBY is an unknown quantity at this point
hi im new need your opinion ..ASAP PLEASE!!

ok so I have a 1998 Honda DX coupe with a vetch d16z6 with a ebay turbo...( lol I know) ..it has about 25k on the engine..its at 10 psi right now but goes to 20 psi..it is at 215hp right now it was dynoed and tuned professionally. heres some other mods so you know exactly what I have..:

vitara pistons eagle rods...ARP head studs...brian crower spring retainers, comp cam 59300..skunk 2 intake manifold...brand new clutch and flywheel,tuned on hondata s300...injectors dynamics 725cc...rear disc conversion from a si...headers and exhaust from a 00 si..short shifter..stage 2 clutch.. now what next .. not only am I indecisive but im not a pro at this either so I am asking pros..or even people with a little knowledge idc, but please no arguing or hate ..just honest opinions..thanks!!
Old 04-08-2017
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: hi im new need your opinion ..ASAP PLEASE!!

Stop making a bunch of post before you get banned. Your question will be answered if it can be in a timely matter.

We don't get paid to be here.
Old 04-08-2017
Registered!!

before I get banned? I didn't know if anybody was seeing it or if I put it in right thread ..im new at this maybe try helping someone new or letting them know how **** works instead of being a miserable *******.. I know you don't get paid people are here for the love of cars and sharing there cars and thoughts..nice to meet you though
Old 04-08-2017
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

It's called spamming.

You didn't wait very long before making multiple posts, like I said we don't get paid to do this. Yes it is for the love of cars and helping people but it might take some time to get an answer.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 04-08-2017
Registered!!

like I said I didn't mean to "spam" anybody I just put the same question in different topics so I can get an answer, and that was my first post ever I am trying to figure it out..thanks for the help man.
Old 04-08-2017
Registered!!

what are you like the civic forum administrator or something golnat?
Old 04-08-2017
Registered!!

this guy says its for the love of cars but yet took time to talk **** and not offer any help smfh lmao gtfoh
Old 04-08-2017
Prelude Owner

Admin, no. I am a moderator though and my 5 minutes of free time that I could have used to answer your question was taking up by deleting your extra posts that you made.

My free time now has been responding to your rant. Hopefully someone else can help in their free time.
Old 04-08-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I couldn't delete more sooner, was busy LOL
Old 04-08-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

If the turbo can be cranked up to 20 PSI.........but you're at 10 now......
How much MORE fuel can the current injection setup deliver?
How strong is the bottom end?
Ready to turnt up the boost more?

E85? Intercooler? Water/alcohol spray or icewater bath for the intercooler? 5th injector?
Beef up the trans to handle more power? Axles? What's gonna break first if you crank the boost up?
Old 04-10-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by d16z6TURBY
what are you like the civic forum administrator or something golnat?
this guy says its for the love of cars but yet took time to talk **** and not offer any help smfh lmao gtfoh
chill down, calm down, and making enemies among the moderators of the forums is really not a good idea.

Newsflash, there are three that replied here.

making multiple posts about the same thing will not make any response faster, rather upset other users.

concerning your question, what kills most of the turbo setups is fuel management. Work on that.

too few fuel and it gets hot enough to melt anything metal.
Old 04-12-2017
Registered!!

and like I had said I am NEW to this and I apologized for posting my question twice or three times.. anyways thanks for everyone with answers that helped..making enemies is not my goal but the way he talked to me was disrespectful idc who he is .. I am on here asking for help not to be talked to like a child..i wrote a couple posts in different threads to make sure I was in the right one and so I could get a answer quicker.. again SORRY wont happen again.. also my lambda gauge says the car is running pretty lean when im just coasting ..it worries me I find my self staring at the gauge while driving trying to keep it in the green and running rich..sometimes in idle its at 14.2 14.3 and others its like 15.6 ..how bad is this and how can I fix this.. I have s300 hondata I wont ask any of you for your tunes or calibrations but can someone look at mine and tell me if its terrible or what not..i sent it to someone and he said it was terrible and a 2 year old could do better. BUT this is the same guy who would make 300$ if I have him tune It for me.. I want to know if it really is terrible or he trying to make some extra cash... golnat sorry about that I think we got off on wrong foot.. I want and need help from you guys!! thanks!
Old 04-12-2017

also my lambda gauge says the car is running pretty lean when im just coasting
Normal. Google "decel fuel shutoff" or "decel fuel cut" for more info, assuming it hasn't been eliminated in programming.

Otherwise, you don't need to be "open loop enrichment" under little or no load, but you do need to be (most stock ECMs would go open loop) rich during high load and boost. (seems like most go open loop enrichment at around 80% throttle or higher stock) More boost = more fuel needed.

Closed loop fuel control during normal steady speed driving is fine, and open loop during decel fuel cut is normal too.
i sent it to someone and he said it was terrible and a 2 year old could do better. BUT this is the same guy who would make 300$ if I have him tune It for me.
Motive. You answered your own question?

Independent unbiased and knowledgeable second or third opinion may be needed.

As far as watching the lambda gauge, most will fly all around constantly responding to minute changes in fuel delivery and control.....the computer constantly adjusts fuel delivery, and the averages are seen as fuel trim values. Got a way to read short term and long term fuel trims?

Last edited by ezone; 04-14-2017 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-14-2017
Prelude Owner

but the way he talked to me was disrespectful
I am sorry if I disrespected you, that was not my intent. Glad you are getting the help that you need. You have an excellent technician helping you (ezone) so you are in good hands.

I think we got off on the wrong foot too, but it's all good
Old 04-14-2017

You have an excellent technician helping you (ezone) so you are in good hands
I don't know squat about this, only some basics.

You want an eyefull to read see the links in this post:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...ml#post4722575