Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction, Nitrous, Engine Building and Swaps here.

More POWA!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
0ne_slow_DX is an unknown quantity at this point
More POWA!!!!

I have a beated 1997 DX with a D16Y7. My question is; can I get a VTEC head on this bad-mama-jamma? If so where do i look? And what ECU do I have to buy? Im relatively new to the modification circuit. Up until now, I've been on a changer of parts kinda level.

Last edited by 0ne_slow_DX; 03-30-2017 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-30-2017
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: More POWA!!!!

Have you looked through the forum? I am sure this has been answered.

You are not going to get much power really.
Old 03-31-2017
Registered!!

0ne_slow_DX is an unknown quantity at this point

I've gone through but to my understanding most of those kinds of things are engine specific and I have yet to come across any for my engine. Im aware that there isn't much power to be made but I would like as much as possible. Im not in any way ready to swap the engine which is all anyone will ever tell me to do. That's why I asked what I wanted to know instead of people giving me the same "swap that ****" reply
Old 12-19-2017
Registered!!

Em1Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

Slap a y8 head on her
Old 12-19-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Yes..can do a Vtec head but will need a Vtec ECU out of an EX model. May need to do additional wiring for the IACV?
Afterwards you will have slightly more power to go get groceries with.