Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction, Nitrous, Engine Building and Swaps here.

02 civic lx & 00 civic dx

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016
02L
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02L is an unknown quantity at this point
Post 02 civic lx & 00 civic dx

[/B]00' DX >> 02 LX[/B]

I have a 2002 white Civic LX in a 2000 civic dx the white one was recently damaged in a car accident and the rear bumper was messed up and then the total loss I just replace the engine and exhaust and was wondering what I would need to do with to switch the LX to the DX getting rid of the LX body .
I am recieveing the dx today . I will update the stats when I get them. I'd apprieceate all the tips .

I know my engine is a D17A . the other one I'm not too sure of .
My main question is can I take my engine and put it in the body of the 2000 DX? And what can I do about all the interiors part of it .
I will update this daily .
Im thinking I want a total swap from the interior to the engine and exhaust to paint . I need all the tips I can get . thank you civic lovers
Old 01-07-2016
BPL Namdata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miss EJ6 has a spectacular aura aboutMiss EJ6 has a spectacular aura aboutMiss EJ6 has a spectacular aura about
Re: 02 civic lx & 00 civic dx

the 2000dx came with d16. but swaping in your d17 into that chassis isn't not a plug and play the 2 motors are very different. if your up to the task your more then welcome. as for interior is also not going to fit directly either gonna need to try and custom fit in most of the time that includes modding the interior pieces its self to fit on. if you got the money to do it all be my guess.. i my self dumped more then 10k into my own car. also i believe the ecu you can use to run that motor is kpro from hondata which is rather quite expensive

Last edited by Miss EJ6; 01-07-2016 at 07:22 PM.