Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction, Nitrous, Engine Building and Swaps here.

Motor Swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tattedlariat is an unknown quantity at this point
Motor Swap

So i blew my motor Friday. I'm in the process of pulling the motor out. I've got the head, i'm down to the block.

Would it be better to pull it out with the trans or without it?
And is it easier to pull out from the top or from the bottom?

I feel like i've bit off a bit more than i can chew but its too late to turn back now lol
Old 08-04-2015
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: Motor Swap

Generally speaking all FWD engines go out through the bottom. There are exceptions, but that is how it is usually done. Assuming you are referring to a 2000 civic I would drop it out the bottom since there is nothing under it like a large subframe. I would almost bet money on being able to find a youtube video that shows step by step how to remove the engine in a civic.
Old 08-04-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Motor Swap

On my 2002, I was able to pull the engine/transmission assembly from the top with a hydraulic engine hoist. Just make sure everything is disconnected (fuel, electrical connections, vacuum hoses) prior to lifting it out, and work slow to make sure you don't pinch anything. Having a friend help you out is ideal, but I was able to do it solo