Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction, Nitrous, Engine Building and Swaps here.

4WD civic

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shawe90 is an unknown quantity at this point
4WD civic

I want to do an engine swap on my 2000 civic ex. What is the best choice and I would like to put an evo drivetrain and suspension what would be the best way to do that

Last edited by sdaidoji; 04-14-2015 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-14-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I need help

evo drivetrain..? Do you mean mitsubishi evo..?
Old 04-14-2015
Registered!!

Yes I do. I want to make it all wheel drive.
Old 04-14-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck. It's gonna be a lot more custom work than it's worth.

Pretty much, you're gonna have to figure out a way to mount an evo engine, tranny, and drivetrain into the engine bay of your civic, and figure out how you're gonna route the driveshaft down the middle center of the car, and attach to the custom mounted rear axle. All the suspension work is gonna have to be custom, as well, if you want the evo suspension. Not to mention, it'll act way different on the civic than the evo, since the civic's weight and weight distribution will be vastly different.

Case in point, for all the custom work involved, here's an example of a successful AWD civic that was once made. Might I mention, this is the "easy" way to make an AWD civic.

http://honda-tech.com/honda-civic-de...ubaru-2763036/

TL;DR: guy took a busted suby wrx, removed the body, custom fit a civic hatch body onto the suby chassis, and still had to weld in sheet metal to get things aligned properly.

edit: I, in no way, have any intention of dissuading you from undertaking this feat. I simply wish to inform you of how massive of a job that a custom build of this caliber is. If you still decide to pursue this, I just ask that you make a thread and keep us updated on the progress. I'd love to see this happen, but, unless you have incredible amounts of disposable income or access to everything dirty cheap (as well as the ability to have the labor done for as cheaply as possible -- e.g. DIY custom work or friends/family that are willing to do the work), I don't believe it's worth the swap, in the financial sense.
Old 04-14-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

You can make it AWD by using CR-V parts. The CR-V is a civic based platform so it wouldn't take as much fabricating to fit everything under the car.

Here is a car by Epic Tuning. It's 4wd instead of AWD.

http://www.epictuning.com/4wd-civic/
Old 04-14-2015
Registered!!

Thanks that really helps with the drivetrain but what about the engine swap?
Old 04-14-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Research engine swap for 2000 civic. There is lots of info out for that generation. B series would probably be best choice.
Old 04-14-2015
Registered!!

That does sound good. I've been looking into the B18c type R, and from what I can tell it'll give me the base I want. I've also seen a few things on the H2b engines but not enough. I would like to have a dohc.That is really what I'm looking for.I'm pretty new to the Honda tuner game, and any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-14-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

you will need at the least to fabricate a custom match plate to match engine and transmission. then custom mounts if needed for the trans, then the rear differential, etc.

not trying to discourage you, just be aware it is intense labor...

Also, performing it would require an immense attention to details... If all you can use on your thread title is "I need help", that worries me in your attention to details...

also, it requires a large skill for researching... start trying to find the threads with engine choices in here yourself, that should help you start learning about what research/search are about...
Old 04-14-2015
Registered!!

Re: 4WD civic ("I need help" is not descriptive enough subject...)

I was referred to this by a friend I've only built old school cars so the whole import tuner is a new venue for me. I've done some research and I'm not sure where to look that's why I'm coming to you guys for information. My sergeant said that my attention to detail was on point.
Old 04-14-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: 4WD civic ("I need help" is not descriptive enough subject...)

ah, ok, you do have experience, then.

that's good

fabrication as well?

too many comes around here with novelty ideas of I wanna do it, but most faint about the work involved... to say the truth, the majority of the ones that actually gets it done are the ones that actually did not ask, just up and done with it... So that's why i am skeptical. There are a very few that started asking and actually ended up doing it, very small percentage, since doing a major swap involves a lot of research, creating stuff yourself (there's no guidelines you have only yourself to ask, unless it's about the engine management, or other things that are not swap related...

hopefully you will be in there last group.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 04-14-2015 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-14-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Re: 4WD civic

if you want to see what have been done before, i posted some here:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...-official.html

Josh posted the Cibaru, there's also the civette...

the cibaru is also in you tube... quite famous...

Last edited by sdaidoji; 04-14-2015 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-14-2015
Registered!!

Re: 4WD civic

I have done some fab work it's just been a while but I'm leaving more toward the B18c Type R