Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Blown strut mount??

Old 04-26-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brandoh is an unknown quantity at this point
Blown strut mount??

A little over a month or so ago I was driving around and heard very loud banging on even the tiniest little cracks and bumps in the road. I brought the car home and popped the hood to find the strut sticking out a good 2 inches if not more and a dent in the hood from it hitting it. I've spent the last month googling, asking around and no one will give a straight answer. All I want to know is exactly what I need to buy and what I need to do to fix it so I can finally drive my car again. If someone can please help me I've been desperate for a solution. I just don't even know specifically what part to buy or what to do. Thanks. I'll try to post a picture but this dumbass site keeps saying it's the wrong format.
Old 04-26-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,121 Likes on 936 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Blown strut mount??

Buy quick strut assemblies for both front sides (if one let go the other one isnt far behind).
If you live in an area where there's rust you may need to buy new/used forks because the old ones might not come off the old struts.

Easy to change, 2 nuts at the top, the through bolt on the fork, and the bolt that clamps the fork to the strut.
Old 04-26-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Blown strut mount??

also, a picture is worth thousands if you don't know the part. You can see it, but we are not telepathic to hijack your mind to see it...