Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

One side lower than the other

Old 05-22-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vichonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Question One side lower than the other

Bought all 4 springs to raise the vehicle to original height in 2011. Recently, I noticed the front left side being lower than the right side. I changed the front shocks and also bought new springs for the front on March 2016. The problem seemed to be fixed until now. The same side is lower than the right side, again. Why? Can anyone help me with this issue? Any suggestion is welcome.
Old 05-22-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: One side lower than the other

How much difference are you talking here?
Just a little?
More than an inch?
Is it bad enough that other people on the road point and laugh as they pass you?

Does it even out when you are sitting in the drivers seat?
Does someone need to go on a diet?
Throw some ballast in the other seat to make it even?

You can drive yourself crazy trying to get a car perfectly level, if you let it bother you.
Many weren't perfect even when they were brand new.

Springs settling?
Swap springs side-to-side?
Old 10-26-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
btib1998 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm gonna drag this back up to the top because my car has the same issue...
On stock springs the car sat a little lower on the left side. I put Eibach ProKit springs and Koni Oranges on it and it still sits crooked. (Also replaced the shock mounts) I haven't really let it bother me too much but last weekend I went to jack up the car and the jack won't fit under the left side but will on the right. Any ideas. I guess its not a big deal as I've lived with it for years but just curious if there is a fix.

Car is a 98 EX coupe.

Thanks All.
Old 10-31-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the rough

Did you check your bushings?

I had a 00 ex coupe and the rear trailing arm bushing was toast! I did all my shocks and springs on that car and the rear driver side wheel still sat lower than the other sides. It was so bad it messed up two wheel bearings. It finally sat level after replacing both bushings.

I also have a CR-V that made a clunking sound over bumps and turns. It turns out the bushing for one of the control arms was gone, the arm was dangling in its socket. I also remember that the cat sat lower on the side with the bad bushings.