Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Rear suspension issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RubiconJoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Rear suspension issues

I have a '98 Civic Hx with some rear suspension issues that are driving me nuts. The rear upper arms had bushings that were completely worn out, almost no rubber at all left. My rear tires became completely worn out on the inside to the point of one blowing out.

I was unable to find replacement bushings at any auto parts store around, so I went ahead and bought completely new arms with bushings already installed. The old arms were adjustable, and new arms were not. No parts store had adjustable arms for my year/model. I installed the new arms and saw that my tires still looked out with noticeable negative camber. I tried shimming the arms out on top with washers, but could not get enough to make the tires parallel and still have the bolts thread into the chassis.

Next I purchased bushings on-line for the old adjustable arms I had replaced, but the bushings were too small for the old arms. Now I am thinking the old arms with camber adjustment were not stock. My tires are wearing out again and I am trying to figure out what to do before I have another blow out.

Why would stock replacement upper arms throw the camber so far out? everything on the suspension looks stock? What should I do?

Thank you for your input!
Old 12-22-2014
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about
Re: Rear suspension issues

Far from an expert here. Working on my 2007 here with similar problems. Would this work? I am gong to elongate mine if the OEM I just purchased does not work. I just got what yous looked like from Ebay. So I could be totally out in left field on this but some ideas and off shoots in theses threads for ideas. Is this yours? http://www.ebay.com/itm/88-91-CRX-93...d2e480&vxp=mtr

Follow the threads leads in this....https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ntrol-arm.html
Old 12-22-2014
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

double post sorry
Old 12-24-2014
Registered!!

RubiconJoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, just ordered a set of adjustable upper control arms like the one in the link you provided. They were pretty inexpensive so I don't know about the quality, but I guess they really don't need to do much. Just hold the wheel in place!