Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

How low can I go?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rileyb22 can only hope to improve
How low can I go?

I am ordering ground control coils for my 00 Civic Si. I am wanting to go pretty low with it (3" all the way around). I am getting Koni SRT-T non adjustable shocks.

Is that to low for these shocks? Its my DD. What kind of ride quality should i expect since the shocks are non adjustable? Anyone else have this same set-up? I know a lot of people have the GCs with Koni Yellows, but those are a bit out of my price range.

Any answers are appreciated!
Old 03-12-2012
Naturally Aspirated

513EM1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How low can I go?

How low are we talking?
Old 03-12-2012
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

You can go as low as you want really, my em1 is sitting on skunk 2 coilover sleeves and tokico struts bottomed out running super advan v2s with 195 50 15 tires and rubs only slightly with those size tires 55 will probably rub like crazy. The ride on mine is smooth
Old 03-25-2012
Registered!!

Scenemaker is an unknown quantity at this point

Quite a few years ago, I had a 95 coupe which I ran CRX springs on. CRX being a lighter car, it really made a huge drop. Somewhere in the neighborhood of the 3 inches you are talking about. Also I was running 14" Del Sol alloy's with 50 profile tires so it really added to the ride height drop. I remember running over a 20oz bottle and having to pull over to get it out from under my car. Then there was the time I was in the parking garage of the Mall of America and had to have my 2 buddies get out and left up on the fenders to get over a speed bump I was stuck on. The ride quality sucked, my struts blew out fast and overall it was a stupid setup, but then I was young and dumb. Moral of the story, low is just for looks. I now have the mindset that lowering my car is a by product of improving the overall handling. To each their own but I recommend against going low for the sake of being low on a daily driver. It sucks. If you like avoiding **** roads and scraping on driveway entrances and such, go for it. Your car will ride like crap and while you think the handling will be better because you have little to no pitch or roll, it will just be bumpy and darty terd. That's my opinion, take it or leave it.

Also, you have an SI which has a front lip, don't expect that front lip to not get crapped up from bashing it on the roadways.