Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Engine mounts

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brenden is an unknown quantity at this point
Engine mounts

I have extreme wheel hop in my 1997 civic LX 5 speed, the engine mounts all are really old, and look fragile from the elements, and have stretch and tear marks on them, which all makes for an interesting ride on MN snow/ice.

I was basically wondering what is a good solution to significantly reduce the wheel hop and performance of the mounts without any more or much more than the normal stock vibration, it is my DD after all, I don't want it to feel like I'm in the rails in stop and go traffic, lol.
Old 02-09-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Engine mounts

You could use this DIY and drill holes in them to adjust to a stiffness your happy with.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...-bushings.html
Old 04-08-2011
Registered!!

john2plus8 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think so.

But I'm in the same boat here.
Old 04-10-2011
Registered!!

civicexracer will become famous soon enough

Your best best would be to buy Energy Suspension motor mount inserts. To reduce engine movement, the rear mount would probably be the best one to use the insert, however this one would probably transfer the most vibration throughout the car. However with only one insert, it probably won't be terrible.

To reduce wheel hop, the two engine torque mounts found under the power steering engine bracket and also the front edge of the trans would probably be most effective. Those alone won't transfer a lot of vibration throughout the car..
Old 05-17-2011
Registered!!

knight writer is an unknown quantity at this point

How hard is it to change the front motor mount of an 01 civic?
Old 05-17-2011
Registered!!

green01civic will become famous soon enoughgreen01civic will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by knight writer
How hard is it to change the front motor mount of an 01 civic?
Three things you did wrong:
1. You're asking about your 7th gen Civic Engine in the 6th gen Suspension section. (Wrong generation, wrong subforum)
2. You've co-opted someone elses thread about their bushings by asking an unrelated question. Next time ask it in a follow up in one of your own threads, or start a new post (in the correct place).
3. You've asked the same question, identically, twice in two different places. I've answered your question fully here: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...ml#post4538688
Old 05-17-2011
Registered!!

knight writer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by green01civic
Three things you did wrong:
1. You're asking about your 7th gen Civic Engine in the 6th gen Suspension section. (Wrong generation, wrong subforum)
2. You've co-opted someone elses thread about their bushings by asking an unrelated question. Next time ask it in a follow up in one of your own threads, or start a new post (in the correct place).
3. You've asked the same question, identically, twice in two different places. I've answered your question fully here: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...ml#post4538688
Sorry, but I am having a hard time moving around this forum. Thanks a lot for your help and your patience.
Old 08-31-2011
Registered!!

ddaddyfunk is an unknown quantity at this point

check these guys out www.vibra-technics.com. They really know thier stuff.
Old 09-01-2011
turbo_coupe_EJ1

turbo_coupe_EJ1 is an unknown quantity at this point

wheel hop is usually caused by old bushings but if you want to replace motor mounts the 2 lower ones to the front of the motor will be your best bet