Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

should i slam it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StaCE CivicGurl is an unknown quantity at this point
Question should i slam it?

so i drive a honda civic ex...yada yada everyones tellin me to lower it and what not..but i dont know if i really should or not..does anybody have any tips?? b/c what if i lower it and then the suspension is messed up or something...what do you think is best??? please help me!!
thanx!!
Old 05-24-2007
Registered!!

estebomb_ftw will become famous soon enough
Re: should i slam it?

gets some coilovers and slam that biiiiich! get them new if you are worried about something being messed up. :]

edit: welcome to the site
Old 05-24-2007
Registered!!

StaCE CivicGurl is an unknown quantity at this point

haha aiight
Old 05-25-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

coilovers are going to be your best bet for slamming it. get actual coilovers and not coilover sleeves that way you dont have to worry about bump stops
Old 05-25-2007
Registered!!

amatias is an unknown quantity at this point

k-sports are good, if not you can go tein ss or even flex.
Old 05-25-2007
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry, but you guys are foolish. Lowering a car does not require you to "slam" it. In fact "slamming" it can put undo stress on your bushings and also can worsen handling. You can have a nice modest drop without sacrificing much except some ride quality.

What are the goals for the car?
Old 05-26-2007
Registered!!

I know...but slamming it is much sexier on older gen civics. :]
Old 05-26-2007
You Stay Classy, San Diego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

ok i have a question. Do i need to creep over bumps, train tracks and speed bumps if i lower my car using kw coilovers???? Like most guys say u need to basically go as slow as possible over bumps wen u have a lowered car but most of them are using springs on oem struts and i'll be using real coilovers. Im takin about doin like 2-2.25" all around on my coilovers. How will it ride and wut driving precautions do i need to take. Thanks will rep.
Old 05-27-2007
RHCP0801 is my hero

1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute

^same thing, you need to go slow regardless, aftermarket suspension that is especially designed to lower will be stiff, so you would be off your seat and on the roof and it will bottom out like crazy if you go fast. Not to mention you'll blow your shocks faster if your driving like your in a 4x4
Old 05-27-2007

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

ok thanks for the tips. Ive been drivin slow around lately just to get in the habit before i lower it. Also how low do you think is the right amount to lower. Also i think they are 01-03 coilovers that were on an 04 is that ok or am i gonna have some troubles with install and alignment.
Old 05-27-2007
Registered!!

cerasoli1188 is an unknown quantity at this point

shoot i've got a 2000 civic lx and i have the eibach pro kit ... go 1.5 inch drop lol i think slammin a vic is just been overdone and it can't be that comfortable of a ride lol, but whatever floats ur boat i mean hell its your ride do what u like
Old 05-28-2007
Registered!!

dk1021 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm slamming right now .. sorta .. and I'm used to the ride quality now. One thing to look out for though is not to get a catback exhaust if you plan on slamming it. I just got that on and now I can't go that many places because the pipes will scrape. Just FYI. =)
Old 05-31-2007
Registered!!

kaesonthompson is an unknown quantity at this point

If your gonna slam it get the TEIN Superstreet - they can withstand the pressure.

Last edited by robbclark1; 06-01-2007 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-31-2007
- hella tite y0 -

s0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nice

[QUOTE=kaesonthompson;4196503]If your gonna slam it get the TEIN Superstreet - they can withstand the pressure.

uh...do i really need to comment to that......
From what i've seen from Tein SS...I wouldnt consider it slammed...unless your tucking some serious tire..your not slammed.
I'll show you guys slammed in June when I get my JIC's....psh tein is for fanboys

Last edited by robbclark1; 06-01-2007 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-31-2007
Registered!!

JIC's ftmfw! Wish I had the money for those. :[
Old 05-31-2007

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by estebomb_ftw
JIC's ftmfw! Wish I had the money for those. :[
You obviously don't know that a few of us had rear mounts crack on our JICs. They are crap and aren't worth the cash.
Old 05-31-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by robbclark1
You obviously don't know that a few of us had rear mounts crack on our JICs. They are crap and aren't worth the cash.
I'm sorry I don't spend all day looking at reviews on this site, so just calm down there tiger. Whenever I see stuff about them, they are usually good reviews, so whatever. If someone wants to get them, let them get them.
Old 06-01-2007

Originally Posted by estebomb_ftw
I'm sorry I don't spend all day looking at reviews on this site, so just calm down there tiger. Whenever I see stuff about them, they are usually good reviews, so whatever. If someone wants to get them, let them get them.
I wasn't being rude, I am just telling you to stay away. You can buy them if you want, but I know at 2 people on here and 3 on crsx that had the rear mounts SEVERELY crack. I had both my mounts cracked. The cheap aluminum that they use sucks and the fact that the shock adjuster on the front is in the wheel well is stupid. The front shocks stop adjusting because they get so gunked up with road crap. there are better coils to spend $1600 on IMHO.
Old 06-17-2007

which coilovers do you guys reccomend for someone who drives their car year round and gets snow.
Old 06-29-2007
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice

I think Megans, D2, Apexi and K-sport damper kits are all made in the same factory I herd. They are pretty decent for the price but. Slamming the car is just all for looks if thats what youre going for. I wouldnt recommend Tein and especially JIC's cuz I herd a lot of bad stuff about them. There was a video of this WRX autoX and the whole damper kit assembly just gave way and snapped the whole thing in half!!! Teins are just overpriced.........
Old 06-29-2007

ok well how hard is it to make the skunk2 full coilovers for an ep3 fit my car??? I just need to get hubs off of an 03+ car rite???? or drill out mine. I think im gonna drill them its only like 1" of steel. I'll just buy a real good bit and drill press it.
Old 07-17-2007
Registered!!

johnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to all

hey, ive had my tein basics on for awhile now(7months), and have had no problems at all(and i bought them used). its just a matter of how you drive on them, is the key.
Old 07-17-2007
Registered!!

Supermeng08 is on a distinguished road

If ur gonna lower it jus make sure that u have some good struts/shocks! if i were u and i reccomend this to everyone...dont mismatch! i mean u can but u might spend a little more...so GET A KIT(whether it be eibach tokico KYB...etc) if u dont really have BIG PLANS for the whip! thats the most affordable and easiest and safest way to srop a car when spending ur money!