Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Em1 tein street basis coilover

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DreEM1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Em1 tein street basis coilover

Ok, so I am already on springs and the ride is horrible and I am going to really soon buy the tein street basis coilovers and I have many questions?
1) how many way adjustable are the tein street basis?
2) how much will the ride change after the coilovers?
3) does the coilovers come with top hats and if not which top hats will work good with these coilovers?
Old 01-10-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Em1 tein street basis coilover

What springs are you on? Aftermarket shocks?

1.) They are height adjustable not damper adjustable.
2.) Depends what spring rate you get and how much you drop it. Ride comfort is a matter of opinion also. Generally the lower then spring rate the "better" it will ride.
3.) I don't know look on Teins website. Pillow mounts will stiffen your ride.

I would save a little extra and get the Flex over the Basis.
Old 01-10-2016
Registered!!

DreEM1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
What springs are you on? Aftermarket shocks?

1.) They are height adjustable not damper adjustable.
2.) Depends what spring rate you get and how much you drop it. Ride comfort is a matter of opinion also. Generally the lower then spring rate the "better" it will ride.
3.) I don't know look on Teins website. Pillow mounts will stiffen your ride.

I would save a little extra and get the Flex over the Basis.
Well the flex z sounds much better and it has dampening 16 way and all the options that the basis plus the top hats so I will probably go for that thanks and do u have any recommendations on how wide of spacers I can get fit on the back on stock studs?
Old 01-11-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

The Street Advance also have adjustable dampering. My understanding of them is that they're revamped Super Street coilovers. I'm rocking a set of those on my em2 with pillowball upper mounts.
Old 01-11-2016
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DreEM1
Ok, so I am already on springs and the ride is horrible and I am going to really soon buy the tein street basis coilovers and I have many questions?
1) how many way adjustable are the tein street basis?
2) how much will the ride change after the coilovers?
3) does the coilovers come with top hats and if not which top hats will work good with these coilovers?
The ride will become choppier and stiffer with stiffer springs and stiffer dampning. But it sounds like anything will help. springs on stock shock usually result in blown struts. make sure you get alignment right or it will handle funny too.
Old 01-11-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I have the Flex Z on my Fit, they are great quality. Can't compare anything else since it is a different type of suspension. I like them because you adjusts the preload seperate from vehicle height.

Get spacers with studs included:

https://www.ichibausa.com/mobile/default.aspx

There is a rule and I don't remember what it is. You should be able to turn the lug nut X number of times before it is seated against the rim to be safe.
Old 03-23-2016
Registered!!

SammySC has a spectacular aura aboutSammySC has a spectacular aura about

I have Tein Street Advance coil overs on my EM2 and they are great in my opinion. They have 16 way adjustment and are confortable enough for daily driving. Also they give you a nice drop. Make sure you get your alignment right. I am on my second trip to the honda delaer because they messed up the first alignment. They seem to have gotten it right the second time, we'll see. Has anyone had the same experience with allignment after a drop? Just curious.