Wiper motor issue - Honda Civic Forum

I.C.E. & Electrical Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Wiper motor issue

Old 6 Days Ago
Registered!!

velozp is an unknown quantity at this point
Wiper motor issue

Hello everyone I have a 98 civic ex sedan. The wipers work fine on low and high but I have to manually park them. Also the intermittent don't work correctly. I turn them on intermittent and they go half way and stop, then resume to the other half of the windshield. All the reading I see points to the motor. A service bulletin was put out by Honda. But I also see a slim chance of it being a controller box behind the fuse box. Any ideas how to diagnose this?
Thanks
Old 5 Days Ago
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wiper motor issue

the wiper motor cover has a set of electrical contacts inside it that ride against one of the gears inside, that gear also has some contact points in it.
Remove the cover and see if the contacts are damaged.