I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Blowing fuses

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stacyracing33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Blowing fuses

Hey guys, my taillights was working just fine up until this week they blew a fuse, I put a new one in blew another fuse 2 days later, and now it' blowing them as soon as I turn them on. Anyone have a clue what might be causing it to short out all of a sudden brakelights just started acting up all so come on when u push the pedal let off and won' work the second time till about a min later need help asap
Old 06-16-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Blowing fuses

Originally Posted by Stacyracing33
Hey guys, my taillights was working just fine up until this week they blew a fuse, I put a new one in blew another fuse 2 days later, and now it' blowing them as soon as I turn them on. Anyone have a clue what might be causing it to short out all of a sudden brakelights just started acting up all so come on when u push the pedal let off and won' work the second time till about a min later need help asap
Read this: https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...fuses-3079359/

The wiring or socket may be grounding out somewhere. Remove the bulb, inspect and clean (rust?) the socket. After cleaning spray some electronic contact cleaner and lube in the socket. Example of spray: De-Oxit:
Amazon Amazon

Radio Shack may still have there brand of contact cleaner and lube.

If not one of the above then a break in wiring somewhere that's grounding out.
Old 06-16-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stacyracing33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Found the problem, front passenger parking/turn signal socket wires are dry rotted and brittal and hot wire was rubbing the fender. I'll have to get a new socket
Old 06-17-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stacyracing33
Found the problem, front passenger parking/turn signal socket wires are dry rotted and brittal and hot wire was rubbing the fender. I'll have to get a new socket
Old 06-17-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

same cause as the halos you were having issues with.

go around looking for more wire issues?