I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Install Ddin hu and 4speakers 00ex coupe

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genyc07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Install Ddin hu and 4speakers 00ex coupe

I'm thinking about buying a used Pyle pldn74bti for 70 dollars. I would like to know what harness I would want where I can buy it? I'm also looking to buy speakers I read the doors can use spacers where do I find those. If I use spacers will the stock civic door grills fit over top? I have to replace the door panels both sides anyway so I'm going to look into insulating and sound deadening the door area as well. Any advise would be awesome I haven't done a radio speaker install in 17 years. I want to do this myself

Only speakers and head unit. It shouldn't be too bad
Old 12-31-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Install Ddin hu and 4speakers 00ex coupe

Check out Crutchfield.com. They wi have everything you need to make everything fit.
Old 12-31-2013
Registered!!

Great just wondering what I need... Like parts list. I plan on taking tons of pic as I do this.. I read somewhere a guy used a product from Home Depot instead of dynomat can't find that article. Also trying to find out what plastic clips are used on the door skins I figure it's best to replace them to assure no rattles.
Old 01-02-2014
Registered!!

schollianmj will become famous soon enoughschollianmj will become famous soon enough

the product in home depot is called Peel and Seal. it is used in roofing to seal edges and such. basically it is an asphalt/buttyl rubber type tape. I used it in my Trans Am and it worked pretty good. cost about 13 bucks or so for a 50' roll of 10" wide tape.

here is a link to an example.
Click me!!
Old 01-02-2014
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

Careful using the stuff from Home Depot. If you live in a hot climate, it may soften and make your car smell like asphalt.
Old 01-02-2014
Registered!!

schollianmj will become famous soon enoughschollianmj will become famous soon enough

this summer the temps in my car got 120 plus and no issues. not saying it cant happen, just that it didnt to me
Old 01-15-2014
Registered!!

Bought a role of quick roof same stuff going to try it out on the trunk. I bought a stereo and speakers last week and am picking up new interior this weekend. Planning to do everything in one shot. I was also wondering about spray on undercoating. Was thinking about shooting that first in the trunk then peel and seal. Or maybe vice versa. Any thoughts? I live in the hills of north east pa never really had a hot summer more worried about the adhesive freezing to hard in the winter but I figure it's made for roofs. It's gotta be up to the challenge. Thanks for the tip.
Old 01-19-2014
Registered!!

Trying to get everything together for my interior and radio should be there by the end of this week or next. I am looking for bulbs called neo wedge bulbs. I need 2 4mm, 2 5mm, 3 3mm neo wedge bulbs I think I want blue as my gauge bulbs are blue as well as some courtesy lights under the seats and dash. These bulbs are for my radio bezel and a few switches. I've read the posts using the led light strips and I just want to try this first so if some one could take pity on me I'd appreciate it lots. I prefer ebay because it's easy and I don't use credit cards second choice would be a walk in store or that carry these. But when I do searches I get choices that I think are wrong and I don't really want to order this stuff twice. On the bright side I have my dark grey interior cleaning it now my buddies and I are ripping the light grey interior out of the civic this weekend. I will be spraying undercoating and quick roof then adding foam. Running the speaker wires and then tossing the new interior. Lots of pics to come.

Parts acquired so far
K code complete charcoal interior
D din head unit by BOSS it's better than stock and cheap
2 5.25 door speakers
2 6x9 back speakers
Wires and fuses and Metra kit
10 x 25 bulb blue strip LEDs for courtesy lights and more
Dual bend shifter
2 roles quick roof hopefully enough for whole car not doing roof yet
1 can undercoating spray
Blue Bulbs for guage cluster

Total expense 412$

I've been selling interior from my car so far I've earned $360 selling pieces on ebay. Total project cost so far $52 So far so good.

Last edited by Genyc07; 01-19-2014 at 11:37 PM.