I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

N E E D help choosing fog light color!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skilllapure is an unknown quantity at this point
N E E D help choosing fog light color!

hey guys,
so i just got some money and i wanted to put a lip and some fog lights on my civic bumper, but i am not sure at all what color fog lights i should get...
my brother told me to get yellow but i dont think those would look any good...

what i was thinking was smoked, or clear.
im really not sure, i was hoping you guys can post pictures and tell me which ones are nicer for my situation?

i have a 99 civic dx,
white
i want to put gunmetal rims on it,
the lip will stay black, and so will everything else on the car.

i cannot post any pictures right now, but some pictures of white civics with foglights on them would be helpful, or just your personal opinion!

thanks for lookiing, hope you were able to help!
Old 04-03-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: N E E D help choosing fog light color!

Fog lights are yellow, driving lights are white. Do you want to be able to see in the fog? Then get yellow! I personally like the yellow but that's because I want to be able to see if it is foggy out. If your going for looks then get clear.
Old 04-15-2012
Registered!!

danwat12345 has a spectacular aura aboutdanwat12345 has a spectacular aura about

I've heard opposite, yellow for looks, clear (white) to be useful in fog.
But I'm not an expert.

Ultimately I think a good set of illegal (55watt) HID headlights in stock (not designed for HID) fixtures will cut through fog as well or better than Halogen fogs..but again I'm no expert.
Fog lights look cool though and help with short range light when the hi beams are on.

That being said, there are 1000s of threads on the internetz debating fog color and HID vs halogen.

So to your question of what would look best on your car, can't go wrong with white imo. Yellow might look a bit ricey but I don't know. Depends on what look your going for and you should research which color is best for getting through fog or if it matters.
Old 07-15-2012
nub

sameer71992 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yellow lights are best in the rain. The purpose of fog lights is to illuminate below the fog so you can see markings on the road ahead. Clear fogs or yellow fogs, the difference won't be significant, as long as you stay below 5000k, you'll be fine because 4300k (OEM) is the 'brightest' on the spectrum. 5000k looks good and clean. I wouldn't get yellow fogs only because I prefer the same color of my headlights and fogs, and I would never get 3000k HIDs for my headlights, EVER...yuck
Old 07-16-2012
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

i had 6000k projector HID fogs and they worked and looked great. check my sig.
Old 11-09-2012
Registered!!

azkicker0027 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've also heard that yellow lights are best in the snow and that white wouldn't do anything at all. depends on where you live i guess.