I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

srs fuse# 23 and srs/fuel pump fuse#13 keeps blowing

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rstephe is an unknown quantity at this point
srs fuse# 23 and srs/fuel pump fuse#13 keeps blowing

I have a 97 honda civic I am working on for my daughter..no start condition,I have replaced the battery,alternator and now I am down to the srs fuse and the srs/fuel bump under dash fuses blowing.I disconnected fuel pump and still blows fuses..disconnected the main relay and still blows fuses..disconnected ECU connections and still blows fuses as soon as i try and start the car,finally unplugged the srs harness connector above the under dash fuse panel and now it does not blow fuses when I turn the iginition..does this mean my srs module is bad ?? My daughter did reverse positive and negatibe jumper cables when trying to jump start car ..she may have fried it ! Any help appreciated rstephe38@gmail.com

Last edited by rstephe; 11-03-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 11-03-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: srs fuse# 23 and srs/fuel pump fuse#13 keeps blowing

Originally Posted by rstephe
unplugged the srs harness connector above the under dash fuse panel and now it does not blow fuses when I turn the iginition..
Leave that connected and disconnect the SRS control unit itself, it is on the center hump under the HVAC case next to the gas pedal.
Does it blow fuse that way or not?

Was the SRS light on?
Has this SRS unit ever fired the airbags?
Does the car have a heater core leak, or any other leak that would get the SRS control unit wet?
Old 11-04-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rstephe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
Leave that connected and disconnect the SRS control unit itself, it is on the center hump under the HVAC case next to the gas pedal.
Does it blow fuse that way or not?

Was the SRS light on?
Has this SRS unit ever fired the airbags?
Does the car have a heater core leak, or any other leak that would get the SRS control unit wet?
ok..i plugged the srs harness connector back in and left the srs modul un plugged..fuses did not blow, as soon as I hooked the srs module back up fuses blew.
Old 11-04-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds pretty cut-and-dry to me, needs the control unit.

I'd open it up to see if there is anything obvious (like it got wet) because I have never seen one do this (yet). What would cause this to happen?