Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Best Wheel Size For Flush Look

Old 05-03-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JesusWoreNikes is an unknown quantity at this point
Best Wheel Size For Flush Look

I don’t know anything about offset, all I know is I want the biggest wheel with out the possibility of rubbing or my tire blowing out on the freeway. Maybe something like these pics.
Old 05-03-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Best Wheel Size For Flush Look

Start surfing wheel threads and checking wheel specs.

Look for a wheel offset calculator online and compare wheels.

Measure from where the current tire is out to where you want the wheel to sit. Google has info on how to do this. Fender rolling is required if you want to get super flush along with tire stretching.
Old 05-03-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
Start surfing wheel threads and checking wheel specs.

Look for a wheel offset calculator online and compare wheels.

Measure from where the current tire is out to where you want the wheel to sit. Google has info on how to do this. Fender rolling is required if you want to get super flush along with tire stretching.
Thanks man, after searching I think a tire size of 205/45R17 and a wheel size of 17x7.5 with a 40mm Offset will look good. Any thoughts?
Old 05-03-2018
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I didn't have a 6th gen so I can not confirm if it will give you the look that you want but you can always add spacers to make up any space that is left.

I ran 17's on my 7th gen and I went with 205/40/17 to keep it closer to stock rolling diameter. Use this calculator to pick a tire size that is closest to stock rolling diameter as possible. Of course you can run a smaller or larger size if you want.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc

Is the car lowered?
Old 05-03-2018
Registered!!

I didn't have a 6th gen so I can not confirm if it will give you the look that you want but you can always add spacers to make up any space that is left.

I ran 17's on my 7th gen and I went with 205/40/17 to keep it closer to stock rolling diameter. Use this calculator to pick a tire size that is closest to stock rolling diameter as possible. Of course you can run a smaller or larger size if you want.

Is the car lowered?
Yeah I lowered it but I don’t know how much, here’s a picture though. I have coilovers so I could rise it if it rubs.

Last edited by JesusWoreNikes; 05-03-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-03-2018
Prelude Owner

I don't know why the forum ghosted your posts but its fixed and duplicates deleted.

Perfect, coilovers are going to be what you want so you can dial in the exact look you are going for. Only other thing is camber adjustment and I am not familiar with how it works on a 6th gen.
Old 05-03-2018
Registered!!

I don't know why the forum ghosted your posts but its fixed and duplicates deleted.

Perfect, coilovers are going to be what you want so you can dial in the exact look you are going for. Only other thing is camber adjustment and I am not familiar with how it works on a 6th gen.
Thanks man, Helped me out a lot. I think I should be good to go.

Last edited by JesusWoreNikes; 05-03-2018 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-03-2018
Registered!!

Is the car lowered?
I think I’ll run 205/40/17 too