17" Rims on a 97 Civic EX? - Honda Civic Forum

Wheels, Tires & Brakes Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2017   #1
Registered!!

Blingenberg is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 17" Rims on a 97 Civic EX?

So I recently bought my very first car for $500. It's a manual 5 speed 1997 Civic EX with 165k miles on it. It runs great, and I love it so far. I came across a full set of rims while browsing letgo. Including tires they only 150$ so I decided to pick them up. They've got universal holes so I figured they'd fit.

I just have a few of questions. Would 17 inch rims on my car look goofy? Will I have any issues with the wheels scraping while I turn ?(My car is at stock height.) Will I lose a lot of speed due to the increased weight? I personally don't like the black, so I might dip them a lighter color. I'm new to this so any general advice would be appreciated to!
Thanks.

Below are links to both my car and the wheels.

Car:

https://scontent.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...fa&oe=5940A236

Wheels:

https://scontent.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...62&oe=5940BF5E
Blingenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017   #2
Where's that music coming from?

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 17" Rims on a 97 Civic EX?

How well they fit and whether or not they will rub depends heavily on tire size and wheel offset.

What kinda car were they on?
Bolt them on and see?

The wheels better come with lugnuts because the Honda lugs aren't right for most aftermarket wheels.

If they don't fit and you already bought the wheels, you can always turn around and sell them again
ezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017   #3
Registered!!

SmokeyPapaBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 17" Rims on a 97 Civic EX?

I have 17" GT Racing 706 rims wrapped in Khumo ecsta's on my '00 ex and they don't rub at all. The road noise and road feedback leave MUCH to be desired though a lot of that probably has to do with the 40 series sidewalls but still, they work.
SmokeyPapaBear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
97 civic ex, rim size, wheels