Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Wheel spacers

Old 02-12-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scotty_p1999ex is an unknown quantity at this point
Wheel spacers

ok i need some help from the civic lovers. i put one inch wheel spacers on my 1999 it looks amazing except with the 16-17 inch wheels on turns or bumps it rubs . so my question for you guys is should i go down to 14-15 inch rims, or should i put some lifts on it?
Old 02-12-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Roll the fenders and/or pull the fenders?
Old 02-12-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Wheel spacers

The What did you do to your civic today thread is NOT a place to ask for help.
moved to a new thread in the proper section.
Old 02-12-2017
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

Put it back stock. I know you will look like the rest of us riding down the road but at least, I will fill a little safer out there sharing the road with you. If you truly need a car like that, carry it on a truck to your local wacky Thursday night at the local racetrack and run it on their closed track.
Old 02-13-2017
Registered!!

scotty_p1999ex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
The What did you do to your civic today thread is NOT a place to ask for help.
moved to a new thread in the proper section.
I said what I did to my Civic but I also asked a question don't have to be a douche about it.
Old 02-13-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by scotty_p1999ex
I said what I did to my Civic but I also asked a question don't have to be a douche about it.
Relax and get some thicker skin. He is the boss on here and all he said was what he did. Rest assured he sees the bigger picture. This Forum is the best Civic forum for experts you are going to find. Not me of course since I am just an opinion but there is a real Honda expert on here.
Old 02-13-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Bigger boss here. I'm just gonna pretend that exchange up there didn't happen. Let's get back on topic for your new thread.

Wheel spacers were created for pretty much one reason, really two: accommodate for an offset your car could not previously accept, and put wider tires than you could previously accept. That said, as you've noticed, this kicks your tires hella wider than before, especially when you go with massive 1" spacers (typically on this forum, and other like-minded civic forums, people have only gone with 10-12mm spacers to have their tire/rim have a flush look with the fender.)

However, with 1" spacers, fender flares are almost invariably a must. Simply putting a smaller diameter rim will do you just about nothing, since the overall tire outside diamter should stay the same. The image below (source: google images) illustrates what I'm trying to say.

If you get a smaller diameter rim with a smaller sidewall profile, that starts to mess with things like your speedometer and odometer (speedometer/odometer will indicate different than actual).

Say you actually do go that route, getting a smaller rim/tire profile just so it can sit under your fender. You hit a bit enough bump at speed, you'll be finding yourself buying a new fender and tire.
Old 02-13-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scotty_p1999ex
Just a matter of order - you would not like to see used socks over your dining plate, would you?

No warnings or penalties given, so don't fret over it

Josh gave a good writeup above, let us know if that answer your question

Thanks, Ripsaw!
Old 02-13-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
you would not like to see used socks over your dining plate, would you?
I pay extra for that.....
Old 02-14-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
I pay extra for that.....
My favorite place use to be 'Fullers' in downtown Phobias (use to be a City but just a suburb in Hampton, VA now. Had the best milk base clam chowder. Just a slop house over a old rooming house and one night stand place. Over the 100 year old cash registry was a pair of black panties you of course could buy along with a T-shirt with 'Eat Dirt Cheap at Fullers'
Old 02-14-2017

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
My favorite place use to be 'Fullers' in downtown Phobias (use to be a City but just a suburb in Hampton, VA now. Had the best milk base clam chowder. Just a slop house over a old rooming house and one night stand place. Over the 100 year old cash registry was a pair of black panties you of course could buy along with a T-shirt with 'Eat Dirt Cheap at Fullers'
Noted for bucket list LOL
Old 02-14-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

LOL, guys! But maybe we scared the hell out of the newbie...