full-size spare tire? - Honda Civic Forum

Wheels, Tires & Brakes Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2013   #1  
Registered!!

localkineguy is an unknown quantity at this point
full-size spare tire?

Can you fit a full size tire+wheel in the 6th gen spare tire wheel well?
localkineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013   #2  
pleasure spiked with pain

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: full-size spare tire?

Take a wheel off and try. I would guess no and that's why you don't get a full spare.
GolNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013   #3  
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

I keep a full sized spare in mine in the winter time. It fits but it makes the cover rise up a bit.
Stock 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013   #4  
Registered!!

localkineguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock 99 View Post
I keep a full sized spare in mine in the winter time. It fits but it makes the cover rise up a bit.
I can tolerate that. I really don't want to limp around on a donut in the event of a flat tire. I'm taking a wheel to the mechanic today to have him put a full tire on it and I plan to use it as a spare. I'll take pictures to show the fit/misfit
localkineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013   #5  
Deer Huntin' Hippy

bubble is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by localkineguy View Post
I'll take pictures to show the fit/misfit

Just found this thread while researching the FULL SIZE SPARE concept. So...where's the picture gallery???

My son's '99 EX Coupe suffered a blowout due to a softball sized ROCK on a rural dark road. I put his donut on in the rain, hahaha. Now I contemplate the full size spare concept. What do used stock steelies go for these days? Some eBay prices seem waaaay high. Then I saw these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Refinished-Honda-Civic-1992-2002-14-inch-Wheel-Rim-OE-/160814093203?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item2571445393&vxp=mtr
Anyone have any experience with these, and will they fit the '99 EX?

Anybody ever bought 1 at a U-PULL-IT yard?? How much did it run ya?

Last edited by bubble; 06-08-2013 at 11:18 PM.
bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013   #6  
Coburnaswki

Jacoburn1304 is an unknown quantity at this point

I keep a full sized spare in my trunk do to one of my wheels being stolen last year and getting a deal on two used steelies (even sold my spare for a profit). I used the fiberboard lid that came with the car as a template for a new 1/8" plywood lid. Then I bought some rigid insulation (foam) and glued a few lifts to the bottom so the new lid would sit flat above the depth of the full-sized tire.

Can't even notice anything's there and now I can keep a couple spare tools below the increased lid.
Jacoburn1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016   #7  
Registered!!

congo34zulu is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice ^^^^^
congo34zulu is offline   Reply With Quote