Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Hellaflush

Old 02-27-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brazor is an unknown quantity at this point
Hellaflush

So I'm curious. What does it really take to make your EK hellaflush?
Old 02-27-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Hellaflush

yours is sticking too much out from the body to be called flush.
Old 02-27-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Low offset wheels and a slammed suspension.
Old 02-27-2012
Registered!!

I ended up returning the Drags and now got Konig Rewinds. Still love the helladlush look.
Old 02-27-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

http://hellaflushstance.blogspot.com/
Old 02-27-2012
Registered!!

I love the look, but in the end I didn't know all that is entailed to get the true hellaflush look. I think I'd have to upgrade to an adjustable suspension first of all.
Old 02-27-2012
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

You need what MindBomber said, low offset wheels and a slammed suspension, along with a lot of camber adjustment and generally rolled fenders.
Old 02-27-2012
Registered!!

Understand. So what I gather I would need...

1. Adjustable suspension - I currently have an Eibach set up (shocks and springs no adjustable, so I am already behind the curve.

2. Low offset tires - I had +15 Drag DR-27s that I returned because I didn't want to roll/pull fenders. Having said that, what would a recommended tire size be to pull this off? I was told that 195/50/15 was the lowest recommended because anything lower would be dangerous. Thoughts?

3. Negative camber - which I suppose can be done by installing a camber kit? Can anyone confirm this?

Anyhow, I wasn't prepared to commit to the level of modifications required to complete the vision. I'd still like to pursue it in the future, but not sure if I'd shell out to pay for a new suspension set up. I would pay for lower offset wheels, rolling fenders and possibly lots of camber.
Old 02-28-2012
Prelude Owner

1.) Adjustable coulovers would be the best because you can fine tune the height adjustment.
2.) the +15 offset was too much. You need to measure to see how far out you need to come to meet the edge of the fender. It has to do with rim width and offset not the tire size.
3.) Yes you need a camber kit front and back. One with a lot of adjustment (I don't know specifically with your car how much).

You will probably have to roll the fenders in the rear to keep the tires from rubbing unless you get a different offset in the rear, but then you can't rotate the tires.
Old 12-02-2018
Registered!!

Kye_low is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brazor
So I'm curious. What does it really take to make your EK hellaflush?
slammed on wide wheels typically and camber. Close wheel to fender fitment.
Old 02-01-2019
Registered!!

Kye_low is an unknown quantity at this point

-14 degrees of camber or so...

This is maxed out vms camber with shorter locking rings. Camber is about -14 or -15

This is with aftermarket trailing arm, and modified camber arms. Around -18 to -20 camber.

Car now has 10 inch wide wheels in the rear. Changed to vms camber kit because they have more camber adjustment. 2 inch wider wheel on the rear, thus the top of my wheel is angled 2 more inches to keep the fender to lip fitment. Now the car has aftermarket trailing arm and modified camber arms to have even more camber. Added 1 inch spacer to keep fender to lip fitment.