Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Who said braided brake hoses never split?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PavPev is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Who said braided brake hoses never split?!

have a old 98' civic 1.4 and when I got it two years ago a mate of mine managed to grab a few VTI bits that could go on it so we replaced the front hub arms (changed the bearing though) put on the big sexy VTI disks, braided hoses and then some honda fat fives over the top.

Been fine for about a year and a half, but recently I've had some rotten luck with it culminating in the braided hose splitting and rendering my brakes useless. The reason being that the mechanic who last worked on the car 4 months ago tied the line so tight on the arm that when I turned hard right it was pulling the hose away from where its attached to the body. I didn't know this at the time obviously, but you can see what I mean in the picture.

Name:  IMG_20110725_082449.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  102.8 KB

Ideally I'd like to get my hands on another braided line, get a garage to replace that one, bleed the system and be done with it. However these are a lot rarer to come by than I thought, so if anyone has one they want to sell or knows where to get one around the Slough/Maidenhead area then please let me know!

My other option is to replace the braided lines with standard ones, which means more work as both sides will need doing so I'm not to keen on that, also Honda have told me the part is £70+ each!

I really don't want it to drag on either because I'm working on contract at the moment and everyday I miss work is less pay!

Anyone have any ideas what to do?! Any help/suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!!!

Pav