Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

5 lug conversion on a 97 civic

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
deadwizard is an unknown quantity at this point
5 lug conversion on a 97 civic

Whats the route I would have to take to do it? Details please.
Old 06-12-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: 5 lug conversion on a 97 civic

To go 5 lug on a 6th gen you need to sway in the itr calipers, brackets, rotors, kunckles, arms.. the parts are typically around $1000.
Old 06-16-2011
Seeking Knowledge From the Car GODS

counterkid is an unknown quantity at this point

I was under the impression that it could be done a different way. By taking ex/si knuckle and pressing the ITR hubs into it, using different mounting brakets and 99-00 Acura RL calipers, rotors and pads. You would basically piece one together from pieces at your local parts store, and give yourself a nice brake upgrade. Ive never done it, but I have been told by many local people that it works, hope that helps
Old 06-16-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you know the answer than. Not sure why you ask a question you know the answer to But anyway, this forum used to be 7th gen oriented so our knowledge of earlier generations is a bit more limited. Seems like pressing the hub would be a PITA so I'm not sure which route you'd want to go.
Old 06-16-2011

Also if you do that upgrade you may want to upgrade your master cylinder to an 98-01 GSR or ITR it pushes more brake fluid for better performance. The stock civic MC is 13/16 for the DX and 7/8 for the EX. The GSR/ITR has a full inch! Thus pushing more fluid into your brake system.
Good luck and take care of your car!!!
The kid behind the counter.
Old 06-16-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow I must have been out of it this morning.. counterkid I thought this was your thread LOL sorry There are probably a few different ways of doing it... I'm having an off day
Old 06-16-2011

Originally Posted by tbohar
Wow I must have been out of it this morning.. counterkid I thought this was your thread LOL sorry There are probably a few different ways of doing it... I'm having an off day
lol well i do have a thread, but it must be something people have seen millions of times. Its ok we all make mistakes
*pats tbohar on back*
from behind the counter