Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Fuel injector problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dylan29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuel injector problem

Hello all

I just recently replaced my fuel injectors on my D16Y8 with OEM reman injectors from eBay. When I installed them I soaked the seals in gas. Now when I turn the car on the engine wants to bog down but when I give it some gas it starts to idle around 800 RPMs consistently and ad I'm driving I noticed a huge decrease in power and I also noticed a hint of gas smell inside the car. So I tried to both reset the ECU and do a idle relearn on the throttle body. I am still having the same issue after the fact and I just got two error codes P0171 and p0170. Could it be that I just have bad new injectors?

Last edited by Dylan29; 06-17-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-17-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Fuel injector problem

Why did you soak the seals in gas? I put a light coat of synthetic grease on the O-ring seal to help them slide in easier to avoid damaging them during installation. They seller may have sold you faulty injectors...contact him/her and let them know about the issue.
Old 06-17-2018
Registered!!

Dylan29 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was watching a Scotty Kilmer video on YouTube of him installing injectors and he said to soak the Rings in gas.was thst bad? And I have a lifetime warranty on the injectors
Old 06-17-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dylan29
I was watching a Scotty Kilmer video on YouTube of him installing injectors and he said to soak the Rings in gas.was thst bad? And I have a lifetime warranty on the injectors

The seals I believe are made butyl rubber and have a low permeability to gas so soaking in gas shouldn't effect them.
Old 06-18-2018
Registered!!

RobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the rough

And I have a lifetime warranty on the injectors
you do not have a lifetime warranty on the injectors. you have 30 days before ebay will not help you or let you file a dispute. you have 60 days until paypal will not help you get refunded. clock's ticking. get replacements from the seller right away and leave yourself time to file a dispute before you can't. so many people get burned by those ebay warranties it's insane. all the seller has to do is not respond to you after a month and you'll never get anything out of them.

did you check that the connectors are seated properly and ohm the injectors with a multimeter?
Old 06-19-2018
Registered!!

oneheadlight is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all

I just recently replaced my fuel injectors on my D16Y8 with OEM reman injectors from eBay........
hey!! you posted this exact same post over at honda-tech. Ok I'll post my response here as well...

I'm not surprised REMAN injectors are a joke! They cannot rebuild the internal seals! I went through this recently on my civic.The original injectors went bad, replaced them with re-manufactured injectors, one of the WORST ideas ever. I ended up with lack of power, then mpg's, eventually the car was bogging down. I read the live data on my OBD2 scanner, the fuel trims were running extremely rich! That was it, time to buy new!

I bought the Standard Motor Products (SMP) brand of NEW injectors, turns out they're made in USA! I think it's the south carolina manufacturing plant. Got them from summitracing.com (about $80 each) and it was drop shipped directly from SMP. I haven't had another issue at all! I would suggest you get new injectors then thank me when you see how much better your engine performs!

So again.. people listen!! Do NOT buy reman injectors, only buy NEW, unless you like to have problems.