Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Please Help!! My Honda Civic Cuts Off While Driving!

Old 03-06-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tt2481ss is an unknown quantity at this point
Please Help!! My Honda Civic Cuts Off While Driving!

I have a 2000 Honda Civic LX, which I bought brand new. My Honda has abruptly shut completely off while driving 3 times now. The first time it happened, I was accelarating to get on the expressway, doing about 40-45 mph. The second time, it shut completely off again, right as I came to a stop at a light. Last night, I waas doing about 65 mph on the expressway, and it shut off. All three times, with no warning, my car will completely shut down, losing all power/lights/everything. It has happened both as I was actually driving, and as I came to a stop. Every time, after it shut down, I immediately put it in park, and restart my car. Every time it has restarted & drove fine. You would never know there was a problem otherwise. I don't know what the problem is. I know this is a dangerous problem, and it has scared me to death each time it happened. I'm scared it's going to make me have an accident. Please help ASAP!! Any info or suggestions help. Thanks.
***Please note - I have contacted all area Honda dealerships & the Honda National Recall phone number. My car does not have an open recall on the ignition switch. It has never had a recall on anything. Any other suggestions?****
tt2481ss@yahoo.com

Last edited by tt2481ss; 03-09-2011 at 06:11 AM. Reason: update info
Old 03-06-2011
Registered!!

Steven21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Please Help!! My Honda Civic Cuts Off While Driving!

there is a recall on that cars ignition switch which is still open. go to your local honda dealer and they will do it for free same thing happened to me and it was scary as hell
Old 03-06-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Please Help!! My Honda Civic Cuts Off While Driving!

Originally Posted by Steven21
there is a recall on that cars ignition switch which is still open. go to your local honda dealer and they will do it for free same thing happened to me and it was scary as hell
Oh man. I forgot about that recall. That is effing scary stuff. Yeah man. Take it to the dealer and have them take care of that. Keep us posted.