Electronics Post information/questions/Issues about Electronic parts here.

DRL Warning Light

Old 02-03-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drourke is an unknown quantity at this point
DRL Warning Light

I have a 2010 Civic Sport Sedan and I replaced my high-beam and low-beam bulbs with LED that I had brought in from China. All the lights work and the Daytime running light are on, but the DRL warning light is on and kind of flashes intermittently. They are the correct bulbs for my vehicle. (9005 & 9006) The running lights do not weaken in intensity, so the warning is not because the bulbs don't work. Has anyone had this issue? Could it be an in compatibility with the bulbs?
Old 02-03-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: DRL Warning Light

The new bulbs have a different resistance so the computer may think something is wrong when there really isn’t.
Old 02-04-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drourke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
The new bulbs have a different resistance so the computer may think something is wrong when there really isn’t.
I was thinking it might be ok. I was going to ask the next time I was in for an oil change. Maybe they can turn off the warning light. Thanks!
Old 02-04-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Incorrect resistance.
Simplest solution: Put the correct bulbs back in the high beams and warning light will go out.

Maybe they can turn off the warning light
No, the warning light cannot be turned off with a scanner.
Old 02-04-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

You will need something like this to trick the computer.

https://www.vleds.com/r2-drl.html
Old 04-23-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Not a Helpful ho-to-do it step-by-step article, rather a help me thread.
Moving out of the DIY section.