DIY auto on headlights for 2011 LX. Anybody done this? - Honda Civic Forum

DIY auto on headlights for 2011 LX. Anybody done this?

Old 06-28-2011
Grey and Grouchy

Crusty is an unknown quantity at this point
DIY auto on headlights for 2011 LX. Anybody done this?

The one thing I miss on my 2011 LX Civic Coupe is auto on headlights. Has anybody done a mod or know of a kit for this?
Old 07-04-2011
Grey and Grouchy

Crusty is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: DIY auto on headlights for 2011 LX. Anybody done this?

After much searching, I found a kit to do the auto on headlights. It is from Directed Electronics. 545T for $29.90. I am a little suspicious about this one as I cannot find anybody on the Civic forums that has used it. Any body out there used this one?
Old 07-04-2011
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think anyone on here has done this so if you do it and it works well write up a DIY so we know. I'd love auto headlights on my civic but it's a 7th gen!
Old 07-04-2011
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of

Personally, I haven't cared much for automatic headlights. However, to help you out, I found a thread on a Prius forum in which they installed that very same kit. You may be able to get some good info from it

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-p...d-working.html

edit: post number 10 is a makeshift DIY guide, you'd just have to find out what wires you'd have to tap and what panels you'd have to pull to make it work right with a civic